Realtor.com not being upfront

I just learned that when a buyer goes to Realtor.com and views my current listings and inquires for more information about a particular property and hits the inquire for more information button, that this inquiry does not come back to me as the listing agent, it goes to other agents that pay a fee to be a Realtor.com agent.  This does not sound fair to me and I was never informed about this and had to discover it on my owne. How do you feel about it?

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i am paying Trulia now, 230 a month, got 2 listings $100k each, the other leads are no good, plan to cancel as soon as the contract end

• If I had gotten even one sale, it would have paid for itself and would have been worth the investment, but after nearly a year and the leads are all flakes, forget it. I could have spent that money more wisely. Like Cece said, work my farm and it will payoff better. That's the old school way, but it has always worked for me. The only people getting rich are the people selling the leads, Zillow, Realtor.com and Trulia. 

• Leads you pay for are generally not 1) exclusive or 2) vetted in any way.  Remember that these potential buyers sign up everywhere.  By the time you get the lead, it's too old to do anything with.  Best to network and develop a farm and get your own leads.

• I recently bought some leads from Realtor.com - total waste of money.  I had to try it once.  Never again.

The leads they give are on backup contracts and buyers are not serious.

• I bought leads from Zillow. Just cancelled my contract. I paid $200+ a month for almost a year and got all crappy leads. Like you said. Total waste of money. 

• also i remember when i was a KW the lead when to the broker not the agent

• Zillow operates the same. It's whomever pays their monthly fees for leads. 

• It is a bunch of crap.  we pay them for the privilege of them giving our leads to other agents.  In order to get my own name on my listings it was $1800 per year because of the higher amount of listings I carry.  Totally absurd.

• That is nothing new. Now that realtor.com is finally advertising,  I may have to consider the pay plan again. I've always told buyers that call on long ago sold listings from various paid foreclosure sites that they need to set a price range and location,  then use realtor.com to find properties that are still available.  I have personally ignored it as well as zillow, trulia, etc. 

This reply was deleted.