Replies

• I couldn't agree with you more!
  • I've been on ResNet for several years.  I signed up with the basic service simply because one of my best REO accounts started using the platform.  I can't say I've really seen any listings sent my way simply because of the membership.  Same thing with Equator.  No BPO business from either platform.  If you have to join the platforms I'd suggest you go with the smallest dollar investment you can just to get access to the platforms and then market yourself directly to the REO contacts.  Spend your money with those who make the assignments.
  • I have been with Res.net for 2 years and I have only recieved 2 listings from them. My renewal is always in March and right before march they give me 1 listing which has always sold and commission pays for the year. I recieved one listing in 2010 and it was pulled after bpo and permits where done because there where issues with title that was 2 months ago and still have not recieved the listing back. I recieved one bpo order in 2010. I dont think I will be paying for res.net. I do however get many listings throughout the year from keystone. But with Keystone I will get one listing and once the bpo is done then they usually assign another property nothing more than 3 at a time but once they all sell then they dont assign for a month or so. Not sure why this happens. I really would like to get a fannie account and also with home steps. An agent in one of my offices closed 242 units last year all fannie and home steps but of course he wont share his success, cant blame him. I would also like to know how to to get in with HUD, if anyone knows please share, thanks

Connie Carroll

Prudential One Realty

Goshen, Indiana

• Getting in with HUD...you have to apply.  Hud and their associates across the country w ill ask for a proposal to work with them.  First step you have to have a NAID number.  If you are not the broker the Broker has to apply for the NAID.  More than likely the broker has this because without it you cannot sell HUD.   Look up the web site and read thquirements.  Look up your part of the country and you will see the companies that are working with HUD.  Fannie and Freddier...the Broker of record submits the applications.  Sounds like your company already has them...talk to the Broker.
    • Hi Connie,

I have had trouble getting my foot in the door at Keystone & Fannie as well.  We have a Team here in our office that is Fannie/Freddie/HomeSteps and they've been giving me ones in areas that are too far of a distance for them to travel, but other than that, nothing there either.  Res.Net has been my biggest client, hands down, for the past 2 years.  I know for me, it's been about the relationships I've been able to build with their team members when I was servicing my first few deals with them, that has helped me retain new listing assignments throughout the year.

Best of luck in 2011!

• I pay at Res.Net, but not for the top service (AMP Pro).  I get about 50 assignments a year from them here in FL.  But that is out of FIVE branch offices that I run - so about 10 per service location.  And my performance statistics are in the top 3 in each of my service areas. 
  • I have the basic RES.net membership and get a ton of BPO orders but never any REOs.  I think some of the companies only assign BPOs and I am going to stop working for them - maybe it is worth paying for premium to get the REOs.  I just hope you don't have to accept every BPO from companies that don't have REOs, in order to get the REO's from the asset managers that do have them.  Hope that made sense.
    • It has nothing to do with getting REO...that is a myth.  I have belonged  for years...moved up to AMP...no difference.  Clients pick to use the system...your client will call you and see if you are on the system.  I do few BPO's from this system...most come from BPO companies.  Few BPO companies guarantee an REO listing...
  • I am also ready and happy I read this thread. Thanks :)

• I couldn't agree more Donna. Work your butt of and you'll earn a great reputation with AM's.
This reply was deleted.