Replies

• Dispo Solutions went to $300 this year for renewal.....Ouch! that used to be the cheapest out there, I do have 2 current listings with them so I did renew.

My Platinum Membership with Equator expired and I just went back to the monthly zip code fee, I did not see any jump in business when I got the certfication.

Also I got all AMPED up with Res.net and that did not seem to have any impact on new listings so I am going back to the basic....maybe.

I still get listings from all three.....more listings than BPO's so I can't see dropping any of them. The BPO's come direct from the asset companies and they assign the listings through the platforms but I do know that most of my work comes from A.M's that know me and look for me in these platforms.

I do feel that you need to go through the list of asset companies on this website and take a few days signing up with them, there are many and most that use the platform portals are free to sign up with. Do a good job with the BPO's and the listings will come.

• Save your money!  I was with res.net for 2 years and never received anything until a bank I was dealing with directly signed on thru res.net now I get a BPO periodically.  And Vanessa is right about the shortsale guide. Pay for the premium membership as I can honestly say  they deliver! Look for Mike Linkenauger's posts on this site.
  • RESNET AND EQUATOR are Mandatory to be in the REO business because so many asset management companies use them as their management platform.  The others are optional.
  • Hi Monica,

Signing up with Equator paid off for me in getting listings. I did do the platinum certificatio, not sure if that's what worked, but I pay about $15/mo for my zip codes. Still waiting on RES.NET, DispoSolutions(listings wise..done some BPOs), ect. If you're able to find NOD's from BofA in your area try to list and do the short sale in Equator.  Could help your scorecard rating.  Hope that helps.  Good luck! :)

• I would suggest RESNET. I received my first listing with them from USRES in 2009. 
  • Funny thing about Equator as soon as the agents caught on to their deal they discounted their Platinum Membership this year.  Equator, Res.Net and the like should only be used to process tasks when assigned by the vendor.  I spent thousands of dollars over the last 4 years joining and found like many here that continued prospecting of the Asset Managment companies and lenders REO Divisions along with actively blogging about REO on Active Rain, Wordpress, and my own REO web site got me many more assignments than these 3rd party pay to play guys.  What I find interesting is that the gang at Equator say that their Platinum Members get 35% of the business duhhh it is because they already had the business and are affraid (like one of our other agents here pointed out)  to drop them for fear they will not get new assignments.  RES.net AMP program actually admitted to me in an email that they have no say so over assignments.   
  • i got 2 REO's from resnet in 2009 and 1 at the end 2010. suspiciously close to renewal time...

i have done a ton of BPO's, though. most of the assignments are from the some company -  but no REO's from that company yet. is it ture that asset managers from different companies will see your name on BPO's you do? i've done a lot of them on several platforms with that concept in mind. thanks to everyone for all of the input.

• You have to remember - this past year business was held hostage for many of the clients.  They would release and then we were playing it on hold game...checking issues...back on the market - get it sold and then cannot close - title issues...I found this interesting...  Personally I think they held so that they would look better to stockholders....numbers looked good so they must be OK...   Sooner of later the Government will gett out of our business and the market will rebound.   Real estate cannot move forward until the surplus of REO is cleaned up.  It drives the market, makes work for many people but right now many of the self employed people are not in the unemployment numbers...so we are always painted a false picture by all those "charts".   My favorite Economist is Chris Thornberg...he usually has it right
      • I agree with you too , They need to start clean and with the large amount of REO's everything is on hold. I t needs to hit bottom to be able to start new and start seeing some recovery in the long run.  Also  there are so many short sales that are scams that eventually the banks are going to get fed up with them too do that they are just playing with the system , either listed too high so no offers will come , or way too low, lower than average because they have an investor who will buy it and then rented it to the current homeowners. That is making thigs worst because of those activities , it is going to get harder to get an approval in short sales. I already have been seeing many of the low ball short sales getting back to the bank. More REO inventory.

On the other hand I need to get more in the REO business, we all had to start somewhere I heard many times to do BPO's but so far that haven't work I had done more than 1000 BPO's and haven't see any REO listings. That is why I wanted to start the paying route . I guess some people got some from RESNET and some not , but has anyone got anything from VRM? Dispo?

• Dispo No not at all. Vrm also nothing.
This reply was deleted.