OWEN REO LLC

I received this today.  I've done free work and never got a listing.  Is this legit?  It says it is a Fifth Third Bank Property. 

Hello,

I have this high values asset to give out in your area, I must vet 3 agents for the listing see the attached and send items back to me asap.

Seller will make the call on which agent will receive listing based on experience and working though Resnet. When picked I would notify you and tasks will be set up in Resent to complete.

Thank you.

Please ensure that you furnish the below documents to be reviewed by the Fifth Third REO team:
Agent Profile.
18 Month Agent Sales History (including sale prices).
Marketing Strategy specific to the property.
Market Analysis of property.
Estimate of Market Value and Suggested List Price.
All Listings within 1 mile of the subject with photos and comments.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've heard of Owen but never had any business with them. 5th 3rd freebie BPOs used to come from USREO, part of RESNET. I have had that letter in the past but I don't remember ever responding. If the "I" doesn't have a full name and direct contact information including a phone number and email address and business address, I tend to ignore it. I also tend to believe that RESNET has plenty of agents to choose from without any additional information. The lure of email like this is always the "high value asset". Tends to make me skeptical.
    • Well said Cecilia. I have little faith in Fifth Third. I had an asset pulled from under me after doing the initial BPO because my estimate (this house needed lots of work, in an exclusive gated community in Tampa) was to low. It proceeded to sit on the market for many months overpriced until they started dropping the price. I never did follow up to see where it was priced. But yes, RESNET has plenty of agents unless they are looking for someone to tell them it is worth all this money and then have to reduce it down.
This reply was deleted.