Replies

• Yeah, they told me they were part of REO Solutions too, they are probably creating a new name/business by now so just be aware and don't sign up for listings, they are constantly re-invent their scam. Your credit card company will take care of it, just copy and paste messages from this thread to support your case..... Optimal is not challenging the disputes.

• Stephanie,  I also have been speaking with Lindsay Day and even sent her an email letting her know about the discussion blogs that I have been on and everyone's comments about Optimal REO.  She responded with a very lengthy email telling me she was not out to get money from me (ha ha) and that there was a 150 days guarantee (whatever that means) and then she would refund my money.  If that is true I won't receive the refund until October.  I am not going to wait that long!!!  I still have not received any listings from them.  I have emailed her several times and she just responds that  "it takes time with the banks"!  

• Did you receive the refund?  

• Optimal caught me in an airport trying to get home so I fell for it, the next day sitting at my computer I started to investigate them, I did not like what I found out, nothing added up, so I immediately contacted my Credit Card Company, within 48 hrs and they issued the conditional refund, 60 days had to pass before it was permanent, Optimal never disputed it and never answered any of my requests when I pressed them for more info.  Bottom line, anyone asking for money up front, just hang up.

• Mary...

Just dispute the charge with your credit card company that is what I did because it appears the people are not

honest.. Run.. Run.. from them and do not have any contact with them.. whatsoever.. Where are you located?

I am in Southern California... Are you a REO Agent.?

• Hi Stephanie,  I am going to contact Lindsay Day and demand for the refund now and she how she responds!  I am located in Phoenix, AZ and yes I am an reo agent and have been selling reo properties here for 26 years!!  Started out working directly with the bank reo departments and it was great.  Then they had to start the outsourcing and third party companies which I have never liked.  Are you currently working with any third party companies or banks directly?

• Report them to your State Attorney General....that gets their attention

• Hello Mary,

I tried and tried.. on my own. for four years straight I became a full-time BPO agent. and while I was working BPO for about 5 companies.. they kept me so very busy.. I never ever received an REO listing.  I was told to do the BPO's and that my name would be on all of the BPO assignments and if the Banks were in need of a listing agent they could possibly reach out to me for the REO assignment. Well this never ever happened for me and I really started to burn out on BPO assignments .. I worked so hard drove several counties to visit the properties some interior some exterior.. and no listings from all of that work.. I never ever had a broker or office manager tell me how to become an REO agent. or anyone else for that matter. I still do not know how to become the REO agent. I really wore myself out working BPO and at the time I worked BPO assignments I took myself away from marketing to homeowners nor did I do open houses or work with buyers.. The BPO assignments got me nowhere as to moving forward.. as I did not build a savings account working BPO's .. so this has been my experience.. Lots and Lots of BPO work that did not pay much only to just keep myself above water as a single mom of two boys. 

• Hello Mary,

I am also in Phoenix (Mesa). We should meet for coffee sometime and talk shop.

• yes, we should.  you may contact me direct at marytataz@cox.net.   look forward to hearing from you!  

This reply was deleted.