Replies

• Patti - I have held this back for months.  You are the rudest person I have ever read with the nerve to post the same thing over and over.  So rude and so judgmental. Try contributing something of substance for a change.

You have no idea if these people have a team, are highly automated, or at the end of their sales career, or just do them when they don't have to go out of their way to get them done or just like to drive.  It is really not your call.  

I did something I would not normally do - 10 $35 BPOs.  I was able to use the same exact comps for 7 of them and the same exact comps for 3 of them.  

Judge me now.

• Makes me happy...so many will spend the time for $30 BUCKS. Even doing 268 of them for $30 is $8000. How much time did that take? I stopped doing them when they dropped from $50. They used to call me directly for hard to do BPOs, but I got paid if you know what I mean... $100. Then you guys came along.
    Makes me happy because Im selling homes and making much more then $30. Less competition on listings and buyer sales because your out drivng around taking pics of what will become another agents listing. I haven't done 5000 BPOs and I never will. I have 3 deals closing this month for over $34,000 to me. I went to Bend OR last week and I'm off to New Mexico for the baloon festival in a couple weeks. All because Im not driving all over the county and stuck behind a computer. Good luck but glad it's you and not me. Work smarter and not harder.
    • I agree, the best thing that happened was when Secured Lending went out of business ( not happy for the people that lost their jobs) but I had kept telling myself that I needed to break away from doing 15-20+ a week but I just couldn't, or didn't see how I could (it's like an addiction) ....but when they did ...I did...., now I pick and choose...maybe 3-5 a week at "my price" and locations convenient for me because I'm going that way anyway....and because of this new found time, I am really busy with regular real estate because I now have time to do so...and making a whole lot more money ! I still think BPO's are good for keeping you on top of what the market is " really " doing ...

• FINALLY an agent who gets it....3-5 a week and 100.00 or more, works for me.....Let the bottom feeders do the 30 and 40 dollar ones. 

We know what out work is worth...

• :)

• Wow I see so any of you saying that you wont work for less than a certain amount, etc. You have NO POWER to dictate!  There are thousands of agents who will do them for 5 bucks! If some of you demand higher fees and actually get business, my hats off to you. I do about 5 to 10 a DAY. Ive driven 120,000 miles in just my surrounding county over the last 4.5 years just doing them. You name them---Ive done work for them and only once in a while will I get a higher fee IF its wayyy out, say 30 to 40 miles away. Some of dislike $30. Well, Ive completed 268 orders in the last 5 months for one company at $30 each. Do the math.  What really chapped my hide was CoreLogic and their stupid BID system. That way we cut our own fees and they didnt have to . LOL Its actually genius. I believe Ive done over 5,000 total BPOs. I aint taking trips to Europe on that money but its sure been constant and paid the bills. Plus, you write of 50 cents a mile for taxes! Thats huge.

• marvin

sounds to me you are working for minimum wage-you are selling yourself out-you are hurting yourself and family-

• Now, now, boys.  Let's not make judgements.  To each his or her own.  On his own time, in her own way.

• it seems to me that there must be some folks out there with auto accept,that will accept any file given to them, that is really sad.

• I am worth more than $30, I will not accept anything less than $50 from any BPO company.  I am not working for nothing and even at $50 the fee is to low, but I am willing to do exteriors for that.

This reply was deleted.