New to BPOs. Any recommendations?

Hi all, 

I'm new to BPOs and would like to do them to supplement my income, as I do real estate full time and most of my efforts are focused on working with buyers and sellers. Though I would like to make a dent in it and also get to know the world of REOs. Any recommendations for BPO companies to register with that you've had good experience with? I'm looking for someone reliable and who will actually pay, preferably in a timely manner. I live in Louisiana if that helps. 

So far I've registered with Residential Real Estate Review, which all they need is a copy of my real estate license but I'm waiting on that because I just switched brokerages last month and my broker hasn't received it yet. I'm in the process of applying with PCV Murcor, Clear Capital, and 

Any other recommendations? In in Louisiana if that helps. Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks all! :)
  • Interesting reply Joseph! I mean no offense here, but I hear folks say this from time-to-time and it always stops me in my tracks. Of course, I have to add my two cents here, sorry. When my company invented BPO AutoFill software back in 2009, it was to help me with my BPO orders because I was getting burned out on them. It helped not only keep me in business but it also allowed me to focus on what I do best and it wasn't killling myself on the data-entry part. I choose to work "smarter, not harder" and I believe the thousands of real estate pros that have used our software would stand behind this 1000%. It should take the average person 15 minutes to do a BPO order, 10 minutes to pull comps using the NABPOP's BPOSG and 5 minutes when using BPO automation software to help with the AutoFill side of their order. How long does it take y'all to do a BPO order (minus taking the pictureS part)? And are you using BPO software or not? Curious minds would love to know :0)

• I think you both have valid points.  When I first started as an assistant I also didn't use software and would turn over 50-60 orders weekly.  If it was my personal accounts perhaps I would have more income to afford software but everybody has to start somewhere.  It's good to learn the ropes of not using software before using software.  Kind of like learning how to fly a plane without auto pilot.

With that said I am believer in the benefits software can provide and for Agents that accept bulk assignments it substantially increases production if you can get into a rhythm of using it.  The problem is that software is software.  Things at times go wrong, things don't work, updates & software support get costly.  It's a tough business because there are so many variables for trying to map out and maintain up to date templates for every company and form (same with Order Capture) regardless of the technology being used.  Every time a vendor upgrades their site the existing scripts go up in smoke.  

• Nicely put and agreed with here John!

I've been amazed to see how many BPO mills have been bought out, sold, changed their BPO platform and such in the last 10 years.

It's almost a full-time job keeping up and developing new software when companies change forms, add new ones or move to a better system. Multiple listing services are the next big thing where many MLS' across the nation have switched to a new MLS platform. It all makes an impact on those affected by it, thankfully the industry just keeps getting better, cleaner and more defined:
  • PCV Murcor is good but they are demanding on you giving updates, Clear Capital is a great company to work for.

Goodman Dean is a good company, you might want to sign up on RES.NET you have to do free BPO's but you could/can get REO listings. SAM.Quandis is also a good company, Valuation Visions is a good company also but they low ball the fees. Do not work for Brokers Price Opinion they will not pay you. Hope that helpful. Lynda

• Thank you Lynda! I actually completed my first BPO today and it was for Clear Capital. It was approved too, so I'm happy! They are definitely a great company to work for. They are fast and very consistent and helpful. 

• Thanks for your input. So far I've been accepted by Clear Capital and AVM (Asset Valuation and Marketing) and I received my first BPO assignment from Clear Capital this afternoon, which I've accepted. I'm curious to see how this goes. Thanks for all of your input!

• Blair, 

Glad to hear that you just got your first assignment good luck!

• Thank you John! I definitely see that I can and will benefit from software or the services your company offers at some point should I get an increasing number of BPOs. My first assignment was completed and accepted yesterday, so I'm glad that I'm getting the hang of it already. I really love how Clear Capital operates. They already paid me for it too, though it could be because yesterday was the 15th and they pay on the 1st and 15th of every month apparently. I have a small assignment tomorrow for them as well that I will be doing in the morning. 

• Hey there Blair,

Welcome to the BPO Industry, get ready for a fun ride that could change your life and how you do in your real estate career!

I'm a BPO trainer, coach and past BPO agent that's based near Destin, Florida. We also offer BPO software to help you automate filling in 90% of your RRR and Clear Capital orders and our software works on lots of other BPO provider sites.

My recommendation is two fold for you.

First: check out my straight-to-the-point blog about the only 15 BPO companies that you should worry about signing up for and doing BPO orders for.

Here's a link: http://activerain.com/blogsview/4925950/the-only-15-bpo-companies-t...

Second: my other suggestion is to check out our newly-updated and completely free BPO and REO Companies List. It offers all the information you need to decide which companies to work with because of how much volume they have, how much they pay, what other BPO and REO pros think of them within a 1-5 star rating system and direct links to sign-up with any company once you are ready.

Here's a link to our directory: http://www.bpo-companies.com/

Please let me know if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to try my best to help!

Warmly,

Nicole Ocean

BPO Automation Group LLC

BPO University LLC

This reply was deleted.