My Letter to DST/DispoSolutions

More then a month ago, like many of the folks here, I got am email from DST/Disposolutions about their new fees. And I replied by to their request for payment saying that I had not heard about this yet. Well, Monday this week I finally get a response from Jay Rawlings:

"Mr. Adkins,

First of all, our sincere apologies for the delay in this response.  Due to overwhelming response to our new subscription offering, our ability to respond in a timely manner was overwhelmed.  We realize a response may no longer be relevant, but we did not want to ignore your question.

I am not sure why you did not get the prior notifications.  We sent one in January notifying of this change and then at least two before that one.  I’m sorry you did not get them.

We will not actually remove any accounts from the system for some time.  But we are trying to weed out inactive accounts in the long term. 

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Jay Rawlings
Application Support

Default Servicing Technologies, LLC"

Kinda funny to me to even get a response, I guess they were not in a big hurry since they have so many folks throwing money at them. Here's my response:

"Thanks for the reply Jay.

I understand the need for improvements to any system and the cost behind them, if that is the case here. But can you tell me how this is going to benefit me? To what advantage I would receive by paying for your service?

I have had a membership with your service for 6 to 9 months I guess, don't remember when I actually signed up. Prior to this "upgrade" (I have to assume it's an upgrade since you are now charging to be a member of your service), I have not received any correspondence from your company of any type, much less a request for BPO's. If I pay for your service, will you guarantee me business? Do you have any business in the West/Northwest Atlanta Metro area?

Would you agree with me that it would be financially foolish to pay money to be put on a simple list and "hope" someone will notice me and send some business my way? There are too many services like yours now (most do not charge a fee to agents), competition is getting tough in this ever changing business. Please explain to me why I should pay the fees you request when I have not received ANY business from your company to begin with?

This industry is quickly becoming littered with companies advertising services like yours. I don't mind paying your fees if I know I'm going to get business back. Like you and your company, I MUST recover my expenses in order to stay in business. Will you guarantee me that my investment into your company will be an investment into MY company?

Thanks

Steve Adkins - REALTOR®"

I wonder if it will be another 5 to 6 weeks for a response? Not that I actually expect one. I know what it will be anyway.

So, has anyone seen any increase in business after they paid the fees to maintain thier membership?

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The CFO must have attended a Mike Ferry event LOL
  • Thank you for your post....I did renew...and even after that I received emails requesting the same thing.

A lesson learned.

Keep us posted.

Denise
  • Just got this email, not very hopeful either Ashley.

"Mr. Adkins,

I do understand your concerns and every penny counts, especially in this market. We all want to get our money’s worth out of any purchase.

If you were to choose to purchase the basic subscription, you will have a better chance at listings than you have had to date because not everyone will sign up and there will be a smaller pool of agents to compete with. If you were to choose the premium subscription, this will give you an even better chance yet because you will be more visible in the system due to the addition of up to 30 zip codes and you can market yourself more effectively by entering your website.

Also, our company has grown over 1400% in the last two years and is projected to grow 300% this year. The more we grow, the greater each agent’s chances of getting assignments.

However, regardless of the level you sign up at there is no guarantee of listings. We at DispoSolutions do not make the assignments, our clients do. Which agents get which listings is dependent upon many factors. Signing up allows you to be listed in our REO database for our clients to search and find you, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee that being listed in our database will result in Listings.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Jay Rawlings
    Application Support

Default Servicing Technologies, LLC"

I also had signed up many months ago and have not even received anything. This email to request payment is the ONLY thing I have received.
  • I received similiar correspondence. I have never received any assignments from those people. Good luck! I certainly did not renew. I engaged in their services for 18 months and got nothing but the shaft.
This reply was deleted.