Replies

• I'm sure they do, the question if they have any assets in Co at this moment.
  • Well, after I fired them, a larger broker in my office picked them up. They fired them too. They wanted me to pay for over $5,000 in repairs and basically oversee a repair and remodel job on a house and pay for it up front. I've been doing reo for 3 years and I watched these couple of properties. Since October of last year when I first got this assignment, gave them the ax, the property is just now coming on the market. So it was vacant all that time and I believe that they went through at least 2 agents after me. And to top that all off, they are overpriced. I spoke to some friends of mine who said that is what they do, use agents and spit them out when they don't perform. I'll stick with Fannie Mae, thank you.
    • Hi Susan,

For Fannie Mae agent registration, do you go thru their site directly and apply from the standpoint of your brokerage office, or yourself as an individual ~ cause they do say you gotta have 3 people with w-2's?  Also, do you sign up with the 13 asset management providers they list on-line?  Who ultimately assigns the listings, Fannie Mae one of the Asset Management companies? Thanks!

• Susan, this is just a part of this business :) I have listing with them and you are correct on the repairs, we've paid for new septic. The only thing I'm complaining about meridian is experience with accepting offers, they will take weeks to get that approval, poor buyers and listing agents :)
      Good luck.
      • Vitalily..that was just the condensed version. I work with many companies, trust me they are the most demanding. I can market and sell 3 or 4 hours for the work they wanted me to do for their one and for what? To get the ax after 90 days? nope...thanks anyway.
      • Yikes....looks like I won't be following up with them on my application.....Working hard has to be on both ends too....thanks Susan!
  • Thank you everyone for your responses. I completed my broker application and sent it back but haven't heard anything yet. I know I definately do weekly property checks, turn on utilities, put on lockbox, etc....so if I'm selected then hopefully it will be the beginning of them hire the "good reo agents" :)
  • I can only speak from the contractor side, but we have a longstanding, positive relationship with Meridian. They are demanding, but fair and understand the business from the ground level.
  • Sold couple of homes for Meridian. 60 days on reimbursements and if you not on time or your contractor made error with something, you're in trouble:) But I know that they have business and they good with SOC.
This reply was deleted.