Replies

• The two BEST directories are Equator and Res.net, period.

Asset managers know to look there for agents, and can see your performance, how many currently listed, etc.  This is straight from an asset manager.

Other directories may get you some business, if you look at REO heavy hitters they are usually listed in all of them.

• I registered for 6 months, didn't get anything out of it. They relisted me for another 6 months. They were true to their word and helpful however I havent received business from it. It seems like directories aren't the way to go as I've tried others. Our REO business in my area seems to go to the same 10 people. Those people made contacts before 2007. It seems that the way to get yourself into area REO business is to market yourself directly to asset managers. Just my opinion.

• Do not pay your money for this crap. Or better yet send me a couple of hundred dollars and I'll send your name to  some asset managers. Now, think about that. Keep your money in your pocket or spend it on advertising to your local market.

• The business is slow right now I would tell you to save your money. I have spent lots of money on the various companies and there is very little inventory out there right now. It makes it difficult to determine the value. I would wait until some of that shadow inventory gets released and sign up for the companies on your own.

• As i have always said and will always say, the precentage of those getting business from random or well known directories just because they joined those directories is so low, for most, it's not worth it. People in the REO business get REO lisitngs from banks because they have DIRECTLY networked with those who can DIRECTLY help them. Relying on these directories, even in a passive self advertising type of strategy is a waste of time and money. You can better use that time and money creating an online presence, developing an online personality, branding yourself as a local expert, creating a facebook / linkedin / REOPro (of course) blog library and finally, most importantly, using back door strategies that get you names, numbers, emails of those who are decisions makers. None of this is done by paying $495.00 to be a part of some directory.

• I agree with you Jesse, but I definitely think the more you do the better chances you have.  If you don't have a nice looking web page and marketing tactics, you're basically telling the Asset Managers that you are not the ones for the job, so those things are a definite must.  But how do you get found in the first place aside from networking? I think the directories do work sometimes.  It's a numbers game I guess, but the chance is definitely there because I know many people personally that have been found this way.  I guess if it was a sure thing to get found, these directories would be charging $2,999 instead of $299 that REO Industry Directory does...

• John I think you're confusing REO Industry Directory which can be found at www.REOID.com with RedBook, which is totally unknown.  REO Industry Directory is actually very well known.  I just googled "find reo agents" and they even come up as #1 on google.  I first heard of them on a 2 page feature that REALTOR Magazine did on them.  

• Kevin - you are correct ...my bad,  GEESH! But know this, I had been signed up with both of them - a few years ago & nothing ever panned-out.

• When I was approached by them (REO Directory), a year or two ago...I asked 2 different Asset Mgrs if they go to the REO Directory/aka - RedBook, to find REO agents...and both of them said - "what is that?"  That was enough for me to say "NO, THANKS!"

Just last week, I got a call from them again & they said that they have worked out all their "kinks" & now have limited their directory to qualified agents only...

Still not a believer - there's too many companies out there, beggin' for our hard earned dough & promising us the moon but never delivers - ugh!

• One question, how can a "directory" service assign an assignment? Something to think about.

This reply was deleted.