Mark To Market

Has anyone had problems getting paid by Mark To market ? It has been 3 months and I have not received pay for BPO's I have done dating back to Feb and March. I have contacted them and have been told that 1.  checks would be sent out soon.2. The were merged with another company and have not gotten their payment system straightened. 3. Will have an account in the Jacksonville office (last week). and various other delaying replies. I am in Central Florida.

I may be the only one having this problem. They still sent out BPO's , but no pay. I hope they are no going the way of evalonline. They were a good company to work for.

Thanks for your replies.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just got a check today with a date of 8/31/2013 for 4 orders I did in August.  Postmarked Nov 1.  2 months.  Not bad.  But it is curious that they would print and hold the checks.  Why not wait to print them when they are ready to make good on them and then mail them?

• This is the email I got today.........

We had a meeting with the VP a week ago because of the serious delay in payments.   I know the blogs have made it seem we are in financial trouble, but I promise we are not.  We merged with MSI( they do P&P, hazard claims, inspections etc)  out of Hurst, TX.  They have been in business over 30 years.   While it was thought it would be a few months of growing pains, it has been about 7 months.  MSI tried to do both accounting, did not work.  It cause a serious issue with checks being sent to wrong addresses and wrong realtors.  Unfortunately, we had to stop processing payments totally for 30 days in the summer time(this is where it started the back log). 

Moving forward, the VP told us they have hired a comp controller(I don’t what that actually is), but he is working with our accounting department here to get this mess straightened out. Paid dates mean it was part of that particular months accounting cycle.   Below are the dates and actions on each order as of today and what I know

11322397-  paid date 9/17 -  these are actually in the process of being signed and being put in the mail(could be any day now)

11351499- paid date 10/16 – this are being processed for payment, meaning the check has to be printed still to get approved by management

11371494- paid date 10/16 – this are being processed for payment, meaning the check has to be printed still to get approved by management

If they have paid dates why cant they send me my damn money????????? Cause they're in trouble, that's why!

• Tina, can you forward me the e-mail address that you received this from. I have orders from July 22nd that have not been paid. That is almost 150 days old. I have a contact person that I have been e-mailing, his name is Shaun Ledman   shaun.ledman@msionline.com. He has been no help, in fact border line rude. His last e-mail stated, and I quote "I would also like to inform you that nowhere in our agreement for work completed did it or does it say that we have “x amount” of days to pay you.  I have informed you that our accounting department is working to get your payment to you.  I cannot rush that process.  I am sorry that you do not like the time frame in which MarkToMarket is currently running with payments.  Rest assured that your payment will be sent to you. "   He also stated the following and this is a quote: "You should receive your check when it arrives." That sounds like a remark that Homer Simpson would say, aaaaaa DUH! If you are still doing BPO's for Mark to Market, just know, you are working for free, you are spending your time and gas money for free. You may as well not accept them, because they are not paying.

• I just sent him a nasty gram! Didnt read reopro first, ugh!!!!!!

• Shaun Ledman would be the one! They've been fast and furiously trying to find someone in my small town here to do an interior and they keep getting met with opposition about money.....they fail to realize that while we are competitive in nature, we have each others' backs and they can't find anyone in town to work for them here anymore.......bad news is like cancer and spreads like wildfire.

The latest email from Shaun is posted here - this was received just yesterday (11/21/13):

To further answer questions,  MarkToMarket MERGED (not sold or bought off) with MSI, Inc.  The merge also included the merging of the accounting departments, which DID NOT WORK OUT!!  M2M accounting department was sent back to us, however; the accounting personnel never moved with the company because accounting was to be out of Hurst, TX with MSI.  When it was placed back with us, there was no one in accounting to take it back.  We worked quickly and diligently to get things back under control.  We admit that this merger has not gone according to our insight, but we have done the best we can do. 

As far as payments, and please share this if you would like,

Work done between 7-15-2013 / 8-14-2013 have a paid status date 8-16-2013, those payments have all been mailed out as of 11-15-2013.

Work done between 8-15-2013 / 9-14-2013 have a paid status date 9-17-2013, those payments are currently being mailed from our HURST, TX office.

Work done between 9-15-2013 / 10-14-2013 have a paid status date 10-16-2013, those payments are also being mailed from our HURST, TX office.  They should start to be mailed out the 2nd week in December.

Once the Paid status date 10-16-2013 is mailed out, MarkToMarket will be back to our 30 day payment cycle.

I can understand each and every agents point-of-view, I do.  We apologize it has taken SO LONG to get things back to normal, but we are doing the best we currently can.  If that is not good enough, I am sorry!

Also note that today is 11/22/13 and I've yet to receive the check he claims was mailed 7 days ago....apparently it's coming by donkey. Guess it's time to start drafting liens.

• I'll never do another order for them, did one and NOT paid of course with no clue when and if I'll be paid

• Tina, They don't seem to get it. Shaun thinks that because they have "Marked the payments as PAID STATUS" and in some cases even cut the check, that the agent is paid, as Mary states below. Then they sit on the check for3 more months.I don't count it as being paid until I have check in hand, I have cashed it, and it has not bounced! This is a classic case of a cash flow problem, not an accounting problem. M2M must think we are all stupid. Best thing to do here is get the word out and stop everyone from doing work for M2M. M2M goes away, and the other BPO companies get their work and we get paid in a reasonable amount of time.

• I received a check in the mail from Mark to market yesterday for $70. The check was over 90 days old and bank questioned wether it was good. May not get cashed. This is for work over 4 months ago. I will not work for them again.

Mary

• M2M does not seem to get it. M2M thinks that because they have "Marked the payments as PAID STATUS" and in some cases even cut the check, that the agent is paid. Then they sit on the check for 3 more months.I don't count it as being paid until I have check in hand, I have cashed it, and it has not bounced! This is a classic case of a cash flow problem, not an accounting problem. M2M must think we are all stupid. Best thing to do here is get the word out and stop everyone from doing work for M2M. M2M goes away, and the other BPO companies get their work and we get paid in a reasonable amount of time.

• Last week I received my last check from July.  They have paid but were very rude and  very slow.  It takes more time following up to get paid.   I will not do anymore for them.

This reply was deleted.