Replies

• I received a REO reimbursement check today (1/4/2013) from IAS that was dated 8/13/2012. 

• IAS sent me a email and this is what it contained. 

We are auditing our records, so you need to provide the amount you have on your records that we owe you.  Did you mail back the form that was mailed to you? 

What a joke.If they are doing a audit they should know what they owe me. I also never received a form. I filed a complaint with the Denver BBB. See what happens next

• Michael, I tried to file a complaint on the BBB website for IAS and can't seem to find the place to do so.

Could you tell me please.  I went to the BBB site and then to IAS and then to file a complaint against IAS and it asked what type of complaint, then gave me two different other websites:  Dept. of Labor and another, but no place to put in my complaint.  I'm confused since I never filed a complaint before.  Thanks for your help.

• I googled Denver BBB. I filed as not getting a refund.IAS responded and did pay me.

• Hi Crystal, I hope my payment is coming too.  Read my reply above.  Good luck in the future.

• I have property expenses going back to 8/9/12.All the emails and phone calls to IAS do not get a reply.I have emailed Ms Bogart and I will wait to see if I get a reply.I will update.

• It seems to be a recurring theme...

I took the advice of another Broker here, on REO Pro, and made a complaint against Broker Price Opinion, a First Valuation company.

You know, the day the BBB got my complaint wouldn't you know the company called me?

They wanted to negotiate: 1st option that put out was to pay me 1/2 of the total due in one lump payment OR pay $90/month 'till balance paid.

I took the latter.

They also signed a form saying any further work would be paid within 60 days! A lot longer than most (Clear Capital pays about every other week, Main St about once a month, etc.) But I don't feel any need to pay for their bogus business practices!

There are soooooooooo many out there, you just gotta' keep up with forums like this and try and steer clear of the losers!

• I'm out of the IAS system.  After 6 years they discontinued my account and rightly so since they had to cough up the money they owed me for and only got it after nearly 5 months by reporting them to the BBB.  Today I got an unsolicited call from Broker Price Opinions out of Westminter, CO.  I asked about payment time, they said 60 days and I told them I wouldn't put up with late payments and the girl assured me it was ok.  Then I got on the computer and found some bad reviews on them too, so I'm not going to spend two hours driving to the location, taking pictures and all the work on their forms on the computer after.  Maybe they would pay, but their reviews on Ripoff.com show otherwise.  That's why I don't like them just calling me and without my checking into their history, they want an ok. Still I'm under no obligation, so I'm not going to do this one.  Some other agent, not knowing can get stuck with the work and no fee.  Beware and always check the internet, BBB, etc. to see if the company has a good track record.

http://Ripoff.com/
    • I have worked doing BPOs for IAS since 2006.  At first they were great in giving me assignments and then paying within the 60 days.  A year or so ago they sent email to everyone saying they were going to pay just $45 for drive by BPO to keep up with other agencies.  I emailed them and said after 6 years working for them and getting $85, I wouldn't do them for $45.  They were on top of it and said "oh since you've been with us that long, we'll keep you at the $85 rate.  Now the past two years they payments for fees have gotten further and further behind.  I have saved every email from them telling me their escalating payment, but couldn't give me a mailing date and I haven't received one BPO since mid November and I was getting at least one a week in my area.  So now they owe me over 100 days on 1, over 60 days on another and approaching 60 on a third for a total of $255.  Now that may not be much for some agents, but I am on SS retirement and have depended on extra work such as BPOs for supplemental income.  As of today, no more emails from them after saying it was being escalated but we can't give you a mailing date.  More of their stalling techniques.  I think the banks that hire them for these valuations should be notified, but I don't know who they are.  Also I'm wondering since I haven't received any more BPOs since November if they've fooled newbies at $45 and are getting rid of the higher paid agents.

I kept doing BPOs for them hoping I would get another listing.  In 6 years I've only had 5 listings and they say they don't have any in my area.  I think because I've complained and rightly so for my payments, they've put me on a blacklist for BPOs and listings.  I even sent email to Paul Sveen their president who came to them after being a CEO for Lehman Brothers and you know what they did to people.  These type of companies are abusing agents, collecting money from their banks and then stiffing us.  If you ever did even one BPO for Evaluation Solutions, you must know that that company, another dishonest one, is filing bankruptcy and eliminating payment to many agents in the thousands of dollars.  Right now I only have requests from Clear Capital a great company, but could use more with an honest company.  Any of you know more to apply for?  Thanks for your help and I hope we all get paid and soon.

• I had the same thing happen to me... I was told they owed me a little over $2600 but they were willing to settle for $2000 in one lump sum or I also had to option to be payed over a year.  I told them send me my money, Id rather get most of what I was owed than trying to fight for payment with them over and over again.  If they cant pay their agents I cant imagine they will stay in business too much longer.

This reply was deleted.