So, this is my first time attending ANY conference so I don't know what to do to make the most of it.

To tell you a little bit about myself, I am a real estate broker with 12 years of experience but I was in construction management for 2 of those 12 years when the market first took a "dive."

Since being back in the industry (almost 2 years) I have done 1 million BPOs and 4 REO's.  I am really trying to increase my REO inventory and hopefully become a superstar like most of you guys on this site.

I am a member of Res.net (no action), Equator (no action), Default Solutions (no action) and NABPOP.  I haven't completed any of the certifications due to either having no extra money or no extra time.  I have registered with at least 100 BPO companies from the list provided by NABPOP and other word of mouth suggestions.

I've heard of people meeting Asset Managers and being further entrusted with thier real estate inventory but I don't know exactly what it is you do when you meet these Asset Managers besides smile and say "I really, really, really want REO listings from your company."

So my question(s) is: What do you bring to these conferences and what do you do at these conferences in order to potentially increase your business?

I'm really hoping to figure this out before the Five Star conference so I don't end up wasting $1,000+.

And thanks in advance for all of your wisdom.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I disagree with you some what Kyle. You have some valid points, but how did I get in with FANNIE? How did I get in with Citi? How did I get in with several others? At the 5 star by handing them my resume! Yes it still works! So if I were you Antonio I would bring a resume that stands out. You don't have to kiss butt down there, and I never do, period! Just be yourself. They are people too. And get your RDCPro from default school. They look for that a lot....Good luck and hopefully I'll see you there.
      • You didn't get Fannie or Citi because of your resume. You got them cause you did a kick ass job of networking with the people that you needed too. Props to you on that.

Maybe you could share with the group what some of the tricks are you use when networking with 'the players'.
        • Oh yes I did...I know that for a fact! Anyway Tony good luck and take your resume. Kyle I would share information & contacts with you no problem. Its enough for everyone to eat! Shoot me an email.
          • Hi Marqueze,

My Name is Mazen Mazraani , I am a real estate Broker in Michigan, I have been trying to get in with Fannie, I emailed Vendor Mangement and I was told the Business manager will request to add me if they have oppening, plus I was invited by olympus asset to take the Citi Course but never got work from them because their inventory is very low in michigan. do you have any contact for the AM who handles CITI REO? let me know if there is a something I can help with
  • Marqueze and Vitaliy thank you very much for the input. You guys have really helped me add clarity to the situation.

Marqueze, which certifications do you suggest I get? I've seen Res.net and Equator but I am not sure which one is best.

Thanks in advance.
  • Make up a resume. Make sure everything is included.
    Area service, lisc, e&o. Have plenty of cards. Wear only professional clothing. Have money spend on after hour conversations (Hint) Also you need to enroll in default school to obtain some type of designation. Without it you will remain doing bpos not REOs. Good luck at 5 star c ya there!
  • Antonio, thank you very much, This was the best post for Monday to read:) Antonio I can see that YOU ARE a person who thinks outside of the B... just use that at the conference, that's how I've got my leads from the last year, that AM still sending me a listings, if I didn't make those steps my $1500+ would been wasted.
This reply was deleted.