I have a listing in Mesquite, TX (Dallas area) set to close 10/8/2010.  However, the buyer is able to close early on 9/27/10.  After updating my asset manager  today of the moved up close date, I was informed that if the file doesn't close TOMORROW, 9/23/10, then it won't close with Singlesource at all...even if we have an executed contract! 

This is the first I've heard of this.  Now what was going to happen if I hadn't updated my Asset manager on the file status???

Anyway, my Singlesource Asset Manager told me HLS moved all their assets from Singlesource to a new servicer and I have to close with them.  However, I have not been contacted by a new servicer and don't have direct access to the seller (HLS). 

Additionally, the title company, LSI-Farris Austin, has never heard of this either, so now we're scrambling to find out what to do.

Can anyone help me???

Lisa

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had a few assets that were HLS managed by Single Source that were moved to USRES recently, I was able to keep all of these. I lost a different property on Monday that was through USRES to a company called Select Portfolio Services. Anyone ever hear of them?
    • Thanks Roddie. No, haven't heard of SPS, but I will be on the hunt...
  • I'm surprised the buyers attorney has nothing to say about this. There is a valid contract and since it's so close to closing I wouldn't think it can just be cancelled now..
  • I think HLS is a major client of theirs. That's a huge loss for SS. I've had properties under contract that transferred from asset management. It was a pain but the deal went thru eventhough I wasn't on the new AM's approved vendor list.
    • Thanks for the info Crystal. You're right. HLS is a major client of theirs. Also, SS is at a loss as to how to handle it as well. I just sucks for everyone except the new AM of course.
      On another note, when this happend to you did this cause a delay in your closing? Were you able to get on the new AM's approved vendor list later?
      • My settlements were delayed. It was due to the new company not being prepared for the volume of assets they received. I didn't become an approved vendor from either after the sale. :( I did have 1 bad experience with an asset that got transferred to another AM. I had an offer ready to go. It got transferred from SS to LPS. I'm not an approved vendor with LPS and they refused to add me eventhough I told them I had an offer in hand. The asset was assigned to one of their preferred vendors who quickly got the property under contract with the buyer that submitted the offer when I had the listing. It sold with that buyer. That was really painful as they I so close to getting the property sold.
        • Thanks Crystal.
This reply was deleted.