Does anyone have real information on how exactly an agent shows up when an asset mgr searches by zip code. If he/she searches zip codes that we do not pay for, then we simply do not show up at all? I know Equator is necessary to join, yet I've been reading older comments that seem to point towards extra zip codes just being another way to nickle and dime us. 

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• From a conversation with an asset manager--yes they won't see you if seaching in a zip code, but if they know you they can find you regardless of zip code.  

If you are a preferred agent for a bank, then they won't care if you pay for zip codes.

• Rick's got it spot-on.  My A/M's will find me in EQ or Res.Net because they search for me; regardless of my advertising, or lack thereof. 

• Here's what I can say, from personal experiences...... I used to pay for zip codes, and never received the first listing.  Then, I met a great asset manager, which I developed that relationship diligently, which has turned into my handling of over 75 REO Assets for them & other Asset Management Groups in which they have referred me to.  I closed about 30 deals in 2009 for them, over 60 in 2010, and completed over 85 in 2011... Now I am carrying an average asset inventory of about 70-80 properties at any given time.  And did I mention that during all this I cancelled ALL my zip code coverages?  That's right, I don't pay a red-cent for zip code coverage fees any longer. 

I do have a fully certified AMP profile on Res.Net, though, and have received assignments from "lurking" Asset Managers based upon my profile/performance through their 200 zip codes allowance in the AMP profiles.

• Joshua,

If you don't mind me asking but how did you meet this great asset manager? 

Thanks

• Initially, just by completing a BPO for her.  Then I flew out to there office for a meet & greet, after having performed business for them with success & starting to create a strong relationship.  I met the entire team, they all appreciated my visit, and it's continued to grow ever since.

• I did contact Equator last week to ask the question directly - Are you basically invisible to a corperate client when they do a zip search if you haven't paid for that zip? The answer was "that is correct." This person did offer the advice of not paying for zip codes past a 20 mi radius of your office zip as policy of most clients dosn't allow them to select that far out anyway.  

• I have been paying for the last 3 years and have only received requests that are filled before I can log on and accept. I am going to cancel as it has been a complete waste of money, along with the Silver Certification for Equator, which also got me nothing. I think Res.net is the way to go not Equator, at least for my area in Florida.

• Hi Carla, for what it's worth, I have several assignments in the SRQ area(s) from Equator as we speak.  :-)

• I have paid for ZIP code coverage on equator for about 3 years - nothing yet.

• I have been paying for zip codes with Equator for the last 2  years and have not gotten any listing from it. 

This reply was deleted.