Hello all, I was curious if anybody out there shoots video tours of their homes when they list them?With all of the listing competition in Phoenix and the explosion of You Tube I thought I would give it a try.My response over the past few months has been HUGE.It seems that the average web surfer does not want to click around on some "Virtual Tour" but rather watch a short 2 to 4 minute video tour of the home.I have read some articles on the net stating that “Virtual Tours” were dying, plus for starving agents like me, the cost is too high.Shooting a quick video tour with a “Flip” Camcorder works great!I have made up a system and I can shoot, edit and publish a tour in less than 1 hour..I also make up a cool looking flyer, with the MLS info, a couple pics of the home and put a picture of the video player linked to my short tour and post to CraigsList, Backpage.com, etc.I actually have agents call me and thank me as they can send this to their client to preview the home from the comfort of their home or office.I don't "brand" the video with my contact info, just a quick blurb at the end in the credits stating I made it.I actually receive offers from folks that have not went to the home, just watched the tour.I also receive a lot of calls from buyers WITHOUT agents who see me as some kind of "expert". This has really helped my buyer side of the business grow.I am shooting 3 homes later today and will post links to my CraigsList ads as a response to this reply for your previewing pleasure or critique :)I am curious to hear any comments about this type of “Out-Of-The-Box” advertising.Cheers!Mark

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Replies

• I think you move your camera too fast, other than that it looks good.
  • Yes, I have shot only one video and posted on YouTube and was surprised at the number of views! I was never a big fan of the sophisticated, fluffy video tours with the elevator music. Better to replace that with an effective personal description and closing pitch. It was actually very fun and I plan to do more. Best to you!
This reply was deleted.