Replies

• I agree Patti. Attitude and unprofessional actions to say the least. Does a 59 page report exist? I never got one of those, in 12 years, have you Patti? I doubt they lost the lenders business either. I really doubt any major lender is going to pull a bpo provider because they have an agent run wild. I guess Joan, all you can do is be satisfied that Clear Capitol no longer has the pleasure of having you on board.

• Patti you do not have a clue!!!! I did an appraisal report not a BPO.  Real appraisal report are longer then your two page BPO you get $50 dollars for from CC. It clearly is Clear Capitol loss not mine... I still have plenty of lenders and clients that appreciate good appraisals.  I really think it is pathetic that you and Patti don't see the problem with CC and how they treat people and try to control values. Obviously I am not the only one that they have done this to.  I am glad they have people like you that are will to do BPO's for nothing.  I personally don't have time to do BPO's I am too busy doing appraisal and selling Real Estate.  I would rather have a large commission check then a bunch of little checks for BPO's.    

• No, the report was cancelled because I would not use there comparables!!!!  My attitude is just fine.  You tell me you would not be pissed off if you spent two days doing a 59 page report and don't get paid for it.  I guess the second appraiser has the same attitude as I do. The state did look at the complaint and I did get a fine and so did the second appraiser. Keep working for them you might be next.     

• What did they turn you in for?  Did they turn in the other appraiser? 

• They turned me in for sending the report to the lender.  I figured as long as they cancelled the report and did not pay for it the report belonged to me. So I sent it to the lender.  I don't know what they turned the other appraiser in for. I know the state found some errors in his report and he was given a fine and had to do some education.  The state found one error in my report (zoning) and I did not comment in my report for highest and best use and did not summarize my site value which is not even a Fannie Mae requirement.  That cost me almost $2,000 in fines. The highest and best use of the subject could not be anything other then residential due to deed restriction. So it all was just another way to steal some money out of my pocket in which I never even got paid for! I don't know how I could have missed the zoning.... I even put the zoning map in the report.  So basically it was just a mistake.  The property was still conforming.  Everyone make mistakes.... this one cost me a lot of money.    

• Your mistake was sending it to the bank - how foolish - you apparently thought you were getting back at Clear Capitol, I would say that comes under unprofessional - sorry but that is how I look at it

• Do you think Clear Capitol acted professional? Give me a break.  Don't you think the client had the right to know what was going on.  Like I said I still do work for this bank, however Clear Capitol does not.  So who do you think the Bank believes. Yes I took the spanking but so did they, they lost a major banks business. I would have never done business with them again after they placed undue influence on me. I cancelled them from my client list.     

• Thanks for the reply! I agree Clear Capital is to me the best company to work for!! The staff is helpful, always there, and they pay timely. Heck, I send them Christmas cards every year. But in the back of my mind, I still have to work what is the total amount that banks pay to Valuation companies not just CC. From a previous response, $150-250 would be about right.
  • Clear Capitol is the worst company to work for!!!!! If they do not like your work or your value they will cancel the order and not pay you.  They also like to turn people into the state for discipline action.  They place undue influence on the appraisers and brokers to come up with a value that they want.  Clear Capitol also pays low fees and is high demanding.

• I would have to disagree - been doing BPO's for them for over 5 years and no issues and very few sent back for clarifications and they pay like clock work.

This reply was deleted.