I received an email from Clear Capital stating that they need to run a background check in order to receive assignments. It also said I needed to do so by August 23, 2013. with that said is it to late to do the background check and is it worth doing so? I have paid in the past with other co. and never received anything in return with the exception of FAS but it was a bpo to cover my reinstatement fees to sign up for another year. I didn't pay again. Please advise.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sally - I know you know this. CC does not have inventory. What they have are clients who have not ordered valuation services in my area in even small quantities in years. CC used to be one of my 2 largest volume BPO clients. That said, I did pay for the BC without question because CC still has a good pay reputation. They clearly stated it was at the request of one of their clients but did not state who.
        • Same sceanrio with every BPO provider requesting BGCs - Lower volume then in the past then Back Ground Check and always by this mysterious Client.  ????????????????????????????

• Yes, you are right Cece.  They are pretty low on BPO orders, I did inquired about it like I said.  I recently completed 2 orders.  Hope they will  stay a flow.

• I did the background check with Clear Capital because I like them.  They are a good company that pay.  It does not matter whether the State already did a full background check when you applied for your license.  Real Estate agent do become unethical, especially when the market value dropped.

Got this one Broker in Gilroy, CA who refused to do an interior BPO on his defaulted mortgage.  Him and his wife were just playing games.  Tried contacting them several times by email and phone calls.  The broker blocked my number.  And get this,  He was a REO agent at one time.

I don't know if it is because he had several BPOs done on his home, but people should not give up even though the process wears them down.  Market value has gone up in certain areas, and there is a possibility that this broker/ borrower would have finally gotten that loan mod, which he was trying to get for so long due to the higher market value.  Also, mortgage note gets resold all the time to a new investor and new investors always want an updated report.  The lender/banker are just servicing the mortgage note for the investors, in case you don't know it by now.

• I paid for the Background Check although I thought it was an odd request. I didn't mind as I get tons of business from them and have for 10 yrs. They pay like clock work. Great customer service too. They even sent me a Get Well Card once. Now who does that lol.

I highly recommend AVM....they deposit directly into your bank account..on time. Also, sometimes they will pay $100 for a full interior otherwise it's $80. Asset Valuation Management

Julio, I know my comment is a little late but I would highly recommend both companies. The one thing I like about AVM is they send to one agent at a time with 4 hrs to respond. Clear Capital puts it out to everyone at once. First come, 1st served.

• Never been asked to pay for a BG check from any other companies. But Clear Capital is worth it.

• Somebody must be making money on these checks. We are being taken advantage of again. We need CAR and NAR to step in and stop this nonsense. Bottom kine is is an agent is go I ng to be crooked then a check is not going to stop them. This is just hurting the honest agentz. And in turn hurting the companies asking for these checks because they are passing on the best agents with principles and the guts to just say "NO".
  • I paid and for the CC back ground check.  And I agree with all the personal information at out finger tips, it was a good idea.

As a result, I get 10-12 orders per WEEK from CC. Rates paid are slightly higher too. So I can pick and choose which I want to do.

REO listings are still a bit shy, however, 2nd and 3rd returns to the same property over the past 6 months is UP.

So YES I think it is a good idea.

payment is the first week of the following month.

Tom

• It seems I am getting more & more calls from Asset Management companies who are asking me to sign up and they are getting my info from CC's sister site REO Network.

• They sent me another email in which it read as follows; Q&A; I would complete a Background Check, but I don’t like giving out my personal information.
    ​Sterling Infosystem’s information security protocol and procedures have been certified by ISO/IEC 27001:2005, HR-XML Consortium, and the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Certification.
    The personal information you provide is available only to Sterling and is not made available to any other organizations or parties.
    ​I am just not sure what you are looking for in the background check.
    ​The goal is to help protect borrowers and their private residences or commercial establishments and to help safeguard their private information.  The background check does not include a credit report or personal finance information such as tax records or bank statements.
    A period of ten (10) years prior to the date of the background check to identify any person who ​has been convicted at any time of any criminal offense involving dishonesty, a breach of trust, or money laundering, or who has entered into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense, or has been convicted of a felony against persons or property, or
    has been convicted of any violent or sexual offenses ​Sterling will be running a social security trace, criminal records search and a search of the sex offender registry. In addition, the fee of $39.50 includes one year of an incarceration alert, which is a service that monitors for any arrests after the initial background check is run. I kindly replied, "with all your respect please run a background check but at your expense." I haven't heard from yet.
This reply was deleted.