I received an email from Clear Capital stating that they need to run a background check in order to receive assignments. It also said I needed to do so by August 23, 2013. with that said is it to late to do the background check and is it worth doing so? I have paid in the past with other co. and never received anything in return with the exception of FAS but it was a bpo to cover my reinstatement fees to sign up for another year. I didn't pay again. Please advise.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any company sending you an email inquiry sets you up for negotiations. They generally offer a very low fee and I test them from there. 

• I agree. We each make our own decisions. I only do exteriors and generally get $65 on average. I get as high as $95 and I'll do some as low as $50, depending on volume and distance. I wish I could get $150. Some weeks I get a lot, others very little, but if I can do 4-6 in a day for $65-95 each that's not a bad day.

• What is the big deal about background checks???? I think it is a good idea and have no problem providing one, it is only 40 bucks -- a cost of doing business

• I do quite a number of BPO's for Clear Capital. I was requested to get a background check and I declined over a year ago and to date, I keep getting assignments.  

The way I see it is, if you had a background check prior to getting your license, then why should you not be trusted to do these tasks? Obviously, they should know this. It's a way for them to get out of a potential liability and put all the blame on the agent.

As if we don't shell out enough on all our fees and dues! The industry is bleeding us! LOL 

• I have ignored those requests and keep having more work in my dashboard than I can handle..... for all that's worth...

• Clear Capital is an excellent company and I also had to have a background check. Also did one for Service LInk (formerly lsi-lps). This is becoming a common practice. I understand that several BPO providers have gone together now and share background information for common BPO agents.   Just the cost of doing business.  Hey...it may even be a tax write off!

• Have had zero problems with Clear Capital whatsoever--had my background check last year and have done more than enough business with them to counter the small fee. Impeccable in regards to vendor payments and now pay twice a month through Dwolla.

• Paid it, received a copy of a clear report, never heard from them again, Not to excited about paying and getting nothing in return.

• Ditto.

• Roger.  They are low on inventory in some areas, when I chat with them a few months ago.  You just have to wait until they get something in your area..  I was with them for years.  Did not heard from them for a while until recently.

This reply was deleted.