Greetings Everyone!

I was contacted by Banker REO to sign up for BPO and REO Assignments, for a $345 annual membership fee.  I didn't find any posts for this company, so I thought we better get this one out there!  I did a WHOIS search for this company's website and it shows that it was created on June 14, 2011, and they are based out of Illinois ... the same state as the infamous Absolute REO!  There website address is: www.bankerreo.com  Does anyone have any experiences that they would like to share with this one?

Thank you!

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Thanks everyone for posting.  I just got the call yesterday, and wanted to verify before jumping in.  They got me with Absolute REO, but not this time!  Thanks!!
  • Thanks guys!  I just got a call and was about to sign up.  I want more REO business and this is just too bad that there are "scammers" out there.
    • Joshua , Joshua (Shaking Head) I am glad you didn't do anything dumb like that. Also I hope you have learned from this experience. While we all would like more work, we do have to be very careful to not fall for these type of scams. Also don't expect things to be given to you. You have to go out there and make things happen. If anyone want's to give their money away. Instead all you agents send your money to me and I'll give you ideas on how to generate more business and what not. I may not have all the answers or the best ways at generating business. But I can asure you that you will be getting more out of it then if you gave your money away to these scammers. So mail me at letme.helpyou@.com.

;0)

• Here's a good one for you, my colleages...
    I went onto their website to send an email to them, and this is the message I saw above the usual Thank you for your request message.

Message body empty SMTP -> ERROR: MAIL not accepted from server: 553 Sorry, over your daily relay limit.
    The following From address failed: notifications@bankerreo.com

Think they know we're onto them already?
  • Brian..

Thanks to you and the other realtors who had the concern to post about http://www.bankerreo.com    .  Those guys at bankerreo are not legit.  I was called by them on Thursday, signed up with a Discover card, and they told me they'd have an assignment in my inbox by Monday...it never came...from zip code 80123.  On Monday, there was an assignment, but it was in 80003, and Vince DeAngelo, the guy I talked to, modified my profile on BankerREO.com so that the other zip code was listed as a target area..I never got an 80123 assignment like he SAID I HAD JUST WAITING FOR ME!!  Last year, like an idiot, I signed up for Absolute REO Solutions, paid the $350..see how the amounts are similar...$349 for bankerreo....!  Nothing ever came from them, either. 

You know, when I asked these guys how they got my number, they never told me..when I asked them if they were affiliated with any of these companies:  "Res.net; USRES.com; ABSOLUTE REO SOLUTIONS."    THEY SAID "NO."  That's a blatant LIE, in my books, intent on seperating me from my money..which, as Discover's Fraud Unit just told me, takes up to 90 days to resolve.   They say enticing things like:  "We pay $75 for Exterior BPO's and $125 for Interior ones."  "We will GUARANTEE that you make money from the sale of an REO through us..one that we assign to you, or we will TOTALLY REFUND YOUR MONEY."  I kind of bit on that one real hard...but now that worm doesn't taste too good.  Discover said there's a good chance this charge won't stick, but for 90 days or so I'm a victim of these scammers, and I, like the two others I've read about here, have no recourse but to dispute the charges with our respective credit card companies, and, if we see fit, to file a complaint with the FTC in Illinois, and the Illinois Secretary of State, too.  Many of us agents love the opportunity to qualify for and get REO listings.  It's a feather in our hats to have them, and kind of validates our realtor existence.  At one time, I had scads of these listings, but now, that is not the case.  So when slickster Vince DeAngelo calls me when I've had a particularly bad week, he's "preaching to the choir," when he said "Send me $349 and "We'll all make a lot of Money!"  Seems like the only one making money there is http://www.bankerreo.com   

DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE THE TIME OF DAY. 

• If you have not yet pass the three day period with these people...send them an e-mail, letting them know that as a customer, you have your right to cancel and that you will be contact the attorney general to report them and that you do understand that they have pulled this scam on other people.  In addition, tell them that if they don't refund your money, you wil be blogging about them which will hurt their potential business.  Tell them that you might even report them to the media and BBB.  I guarantee you will have your money back in less than 90-days!
    • Thats the same guy who called me and I fell for it too! Its too bad how these companies take advantage of hard working agents trying to better their business. Im embarassed and insulted that someone fooled me!!
      • Actually you should be embarassed that you fell for it twice. Especially after all these post about ABSREO and how they scammed a lot of agents. Just remember how eager you were to sign up and give away your hard earned money for a promise of work and take that same eagerness and call your credit card company and put a stop to this. Also do the recommended actions and file a complaint with the FTC in Illinois, and the Illinois Secretary of State. If you do not take these actions then you truly will be a victim.
      • Walks like a duck - Quaks like a duck. We are all insulted. Do not be embarassed. Call your credit card company and cncl the charge and file a fraud report. Most reliable asset companies use known reliable platforms. File a complaint with the attorney general and the FTC.

• The person that was calling me was Mark Carnegie...his number is  847-454-7885. These guys just don't know when to quit. He called me at least 5 times. As I posted earlier...I received the same "We are unable to accept you..." e-mail and Mark even called me after that and tried again and said that the letter was a mistake. I wonder how many agents that are trying to get into the REO biz are falling for this?
This reply was deleted.