Has anyone performed BPOs for Asset Valuation and Marketing (AVM). I recently received a couple of BPO orders from them but understand they do not lead to listings. I was informed they have sister companies that assign REOs. Does anyone know who these companies are? Thanks!

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I work for them and I am paid well it takes about a month but I have alway's been paid. Never ,Never get listings I have worked for over 5 years for them Not one listing never heard of a sister company
  • AVM has been a client of mine for some time, I can't really say exactly how many BPO's I have done for them but, it's been a few.

The rumor about how picky they are....well, that isn't a rumor, they are very picky. When I first started with them, it seemed I got kick backs all the time over the smallest details but, now I can send it in and no kick backs.

I finally wrote a detailed narrative that they were happy about, stuck with it and only make minor changes to it as I come up on different homes. In other words, I use the same narrative on each home, just change the details to match that specific home and voila! As my ole soccer coach would say, "Pork chop, pork chop, greeeesy greeeesy, this ole test is easy, easy." lol. He was a big looser...., I guess you had to be there.
  • I have done BPO's for AVM. They have an easy organized system. I have had no problems. They pay monthly..
  • alls i can say about AVM is that their picky picky picky. they want you to write a book about each bpo. i have done 100's of bpos for many other companies and about 10 for avm. they are the first company for me, that asks questions on every little thing about your comps. they're forms are short, but they want you to make up the time in a (book) fashion. for the $50 im done with them.
  • Ruben,

There are a lot of valuation companies out there whose results get noticed by the originator. That being said, even though AVM focuses 100% on BPO's, there's a chance that their client will notice your name on a well-crafted BPO and eventually contact you directly for listing their REO inventory. This has happened to many NFSTI members in the past.

In our most recent class (it's called "A3, Asset Valuation, Automation, and Acquisition of Business") we cover how to develop a 5-star BPO and reduce the time required to complete it through Automation. Some websites to consider helping you polish up and speed up your BPO's: www.bestplaces.net, www.bpo-automation.com (please seek consultation by phone before investing), www.ebrokerhouse.com (to help with task management at a great price - they destroy the competition), and Steven Woof's book titled: "Valuing Residential Real Estate" to help with adjustments of price (http://www.nfsti.com/pages/58).

Per the AVM website ( http://www.assetval.com/About.aspx ), here is the services the provide:

Service -
    Specializing in only one service, CMAs, AVM is able to provide superior service,

Hope this helps.

Dan
    http://past.In/
  • I did 4 bpo's right off the bat for them after attending training seminar in AZ. I live in SoCal. Got paid on time and everything was very smooth. All four were within 8 miles from my office and are yet to be listed with any agent. I drive by one everyday to drop off the kiddos.
    As far as AtPac, I have not received anything from them. I was told in AZ that fi you do 8-10 with AVM that you will get listings from AtPac...eventually. I am in it for the long haul.
  • I have been doing BPO's for AVM for years. I met one of their reps at REOmac recently and she told me you can get REO listings from them but you have to take the REO classes they offer occassionally. Once you have taken those, you can get listings.
  • I have been doing BPOs for AVM for a couple of years now, they are perhaps my favorite BPO company, their forms are great, and I almost never get any complaints from QC.
  • Who is ATPAC? I saw a couple references to ATPAC REO in this thread and I am not familiar with them. Also, I have been going BPOs for AVM for over a year and I am registered with CAL REO, though I have not received any listings. How do you get invited to the conference?

Thanks.
    • ATPAC is Atlantic Pacific REO. One of the principles with CALREO is a partner. The assignments I received were from Litton and GMAC.
This reply was deleted.