Replies

• As Land America they paid every 2 weeks; as UTLS they pay every 4 months- if you think $45 is worth 4 months waiting for -go for it. You better keep a check list as well.............
  • I am an Appraiser and made the mistake of doing work for UTLS. I too, have not been paid and have been given the "accounting issues" excuse as well. All I can tell you is where there is smoke there is fire. If you choose to do work for this company, be ware they don't pay and chasing money often is more costly than the actual work.
  • Hi All, if you are having trouble getting paid from UTLS or even getting return calls never fear. They are very far behind but do eventually pay. Here are the #'s or 2 people that will return calls and help you get paid.

Jimmy Nguyen  949 885 4509 jnguyen@utls.com or

Scott Barkey  

Valuations Vendor Management

UTLS Default Services

sbarkey@utls.com

Good Luck Kelly

• You know what, they do not pay and they send 1099 misc form for taxes saying that they do pay. I have turned in a form to the IRS about this and hopefully UTLS will be investigated and possibly shut down. I would not believe a UTLS employee if they had their hand on the BIBLE! This company is a nightmare. 

• I got a 1099 from UTLS for $9000.  They paid me $2800 and OWE me about $6200 for last year.   So, not only have I not been paid, but now I owe the IRS.  They 1099 me for the exact amount of work I did last year but they didn't pay it.  I have tried to contact them through emails and phone calls repeatedly over the last year.  In fact, the last time I was paid was Febuary, 2011 for work I did in 2010. 

Have any of you received a 1099 form from UTLS for unpaid amounts?

• Second hand info, but I remember from a thread somebody said you could file something with the IRS to contest this when it happens. Good luck to you.

• Yes they were part of them at one time

,I get bpos from them now they have paid out so far.Land America was very slow at senting your money just be carefull.

• I have over 100 Unpaid orders with more that 90 due days and i have been sending a lot of emails almost in a daily basis and nobody, nodody return even by courtesy one of my emails
  •  Did several BPO's for them. Forms are easy. Received payments within 45 days.
  • Hi

I had done about 30-40 BPO's for them when it was Land America and they paid on time(about in 30 days) but never got a REO from them, I have not done anything for them since they got bought out by UTLS and in my area everything has slowed down a bit,both REO's and BPO's.

This reply was deleted.