Replies

• Hi Everyone:

I want to remeind everyone to be careful how they use the REOPro blogs and forums. I haven't been regularly keeping up with this blog in particular however, it has come to my attention that this discussion has gotten a bit out of control.

I am not taking sides on who said what and why they said it however, I am saying that each of us should make sure we aren't using the REOPro blogs and forums to facilitate an argument. This simply isn't going to be acceptable in my opinion.

Consider this the first and final warning that arguments will not be tolerated in these forum discussions.

I understand that this forum is a bit unique when compared to the other forums on REOPro as representatives from the company of topic have decided to respond however, that by no means is a license for anyone to abuse this opportunity.

I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinions and I appreciate that however, I am entitled to my own and if in my opinion your reply is argumentative then I will delete your reply and if it continues, you will be banned from this network.

In other words, let us remember we are all adults and professionals and what we say reflects upon us, if we want it to or not.
    • Thank you for this reply. One thing that needs to be addressed.....If an agent knows information about a subject that other agents are discussing with several questions, then that agent has a moral obligation to respond with that information. I agree that the discussion that has been going on did get a little out of control when the owner of ABF decided to respond under someone else's membership and her response did not address any of the questions that had been directed to her, nor did she prove that was what said was not true. It is good that all of this comes out. My only reason for jumping in on this in the first place, was to warn agents to do your due deligence in checking out this company before putting in any of their money. I was one of the very first people to sign up, after I left Exit Elite, as I felt it was a great idea and thought it was worth a try. However, after many promises, going through all the training and being certified, then finding out that there has never been any Bank Contracts, and that there would not be any REO's coming forth. There had been some short sales given out, but, to whom, I don't know. I do know that I had 5 zip codes, and with all the REO's in the area and not to be given any, just proves that there are any contracts with ABF. That is why I canceled my relationship with them. On the other hand, I still want to maintain a relationship with Settleware, as that is a terrific program. I certainly was not trying to upset any other agent in making my statements, I just felt that, as a professional, I needed to put the information that I had, out to other agents.
      Thank you.
      • Patricia, thank you for speaking out honestly. I think we can all learn from your experience. Many of us here did our "due diligence" by researching ABF and we warned others NOT to join. I saw a trainwreck (and a class action lawsuit) coming about a mile away. ABF should have following my advice given in an earlier post.

Regarding Settleware, it sounds like a great company BUT their name is now tarnished due to their choice of affiliation with a company like ABF. I use DocuSign for online electronic document/contract signing and I love it!
  • Greetings!
    This is directed to Janisse Dale and "Megan Combs"

According to Janisse (aka Megan Combs?):
    "ABF does have several contracts in place with the anticipation of managing the majority of the nationwide foreclosed inventory held by the financial institutions."

According to Megan Combs:
    "We have already released Approved Short Sales, and yes the release of REO's are scheduled for April. We do need agents Nationwide in order to handle the listing we do have - we have the listings. "

So do you or do you not have REO listings? A very simple question that won't take too long to answer. Since you have taken the time to post a response to your company being called a scam, please take a moment to verify whether you do or do not have REO listings. By that, I do not mean short sale approvals. Nor do I mean anticipation of, as in, I hope to receive, REO listings.

Verifiable REO listings...
  • This company is the real deal. Richard is great and his staff of people really know their stuff. It is the way of the future as far as transactions are concerned.
  • Hi Everyone:

A similar discussion is taking place on another forum started by Vicki Smith. It sounds as if this company is no longer in business. Click the below link to take you to the alternative discussion.

http://reopro.ning.com/forum/topics/america-buys-foreclosuresscam
  • I signed up with ABF at the end of April and was not told at that time that they were not ready to assign listings. AND that they were not set to do business. I find it deceiving that the rep didn't tell me this before I signed up. I then called and asked about it and the rep said, oh, yes, we are still negociating with the banks and are due to start in June. I paid the fees, trained on their esigning and now am sitting here waiting for them to start this business. I guess I don't understand why they have my money???? The comment of the person that signed up in december really upsets me. I can't believe theyve been that patient.
    Anyway, I would like to investigate this a bit longer, but I know that my credit card company should back me on this and have my money refunded. I think I only have 60 or 90 days though or they wont back me after.
    • Hi Roseanne,
      I did not get any money back when I Cancelled, mainly because I waited beyond the 90 days. I know from an inside source that the contract with the Banks have not happened. Check it out, be specific with your questions and demand facts.
      Good luck.
      Pat
    • My broker and some agents in my office sign up with them since last year 2008. They paid for the training , have been paying that $30 esign fee & still are waiting for any listing yet. I wonder if any agent who have signed up with them ever received an REO listing.
      • The esign with settleware is good. Just tell your agents to cancel with ABF as there isn't anything going to happen.
This reply was deleted.