America Buys Foreclosures

Many of you have seen several of my blogs regarding America Buys Foreclosures; initially supporting this company followed by a seemingly mutual agreement by agents nationwide of disappointment.I was asked to remove my blogs (threatened with legal action by Megan Combs is more like it) and I did. I just don't like DRAMA and can't make time for it.But then a good friend (a truly good friend) sent me this message:The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis (by Dante Alighiere, Epic Poet)Now anyone that knows me... certainly knows I am not the morality police but I was raised with a good sense of right and wrong. I was also raised to be truthful, hardworking and honest. Always to give back more than you are given (my biggest fault is having no tolerance for less than this)Today, I was merely reminded that the ones with the money, make the rules. If you question or complain; more likely than not your account will be canceled and no refunds will be made (period).So suck it up.I don't like the rules of which this company plays:This company has taken money from agents on a National scale as early as Dec. 2008, promised a product month after month and almost a year later has yet to deliver. And in addition, this company requires agents to pay for training, pay monthly and remain in good standing with Settleware, e-signing, in which they are paid a referral fee (regardless of whether or not listings are sent)I don't condone these business practices nor how they treat the agents that have generously paid for services not rendered (*especially* knowing every penny is generated by working even longer hours than usual and marketing dollars don't go very far).It's a shame this company took the stance they chose with me as they did today.I lost...what... a little hope for a good opportunity? Big Deal.What they lost... was one of the best agents they will ever have worked with... and a needed ally/supporter.I think my long hours, energy, loyalty and dedication to my field of expertise... is better spent elsewhere.Should you have similar concerns... send an email to the Better Business Bureau, be done with it and move on.Best Wishes,LaDawn Menkemeller

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've been ready since December 2008 and have heard all the great news that the properties are rolling out since the VERY BEGINNING. Have they? Where? Who? I'd like to know who to see what their experience has been with ABF. I've seen NOTHING but empty promises. Do you plan on ever assigning properties? When? Who will be given the first? I think since I've been paying since December 2008, I should be given all the zips I want, without cost, as originally promised, and you should deliver, EVEN ONE PROPERTY!!! Has ABF done anything that's been promised? Do you really have the capability to follow through? When can I expect to see anything?

I sent this to Support@abfnetwork.com and got NO RESPONSE...
  • The best way to fight this is to contact and file a complaint with your State's Attorney General's Offcie and then compy letter to your State Senators - you would be surprised at how quickly than can launch an investigation, especially today, with all of the fraud that is going on! You need to go higher than the BBB!
  • Mom was right! I should have been a Attorney!
  • Megan, stop with the copy and paste replys if you want forgiveness. Don't worry about the NDA as you will get a letter from their attorney anyway just for posting here, just like everyone else! Until there is real disclosure, most people really do not care what you have to say. You have already burned those bridges behind you! Your canned replies are not helping your case and will not build any respect within this community. If all you are going to do is repeat the same canned replies, might as well stop now, you are wasting your time.
  • Hi LaDawn,
    Yeah for you. I also applaud your hard work and honesty regarding your experience with ABF. I to believe in stepping up when I see a wrong. I am not afraid of a fight, and I like to get things out in the open. I don't understand all these threatening letters regarding law suits on a blog. That is just crazy. Not only that, where is Janisse getting the money to pay for these law suite, she can't even pay her past employees that she owes. She would be better off giving people their money back and saving face. There is something wrong about this whole picture. I certainly hope that all of the agents that have signed up with ABF and feel that they have been wronged, do step up and file complaints with the BBB. This type of thing is happening all over this country, and honest, hard working people need to take a stand and refuse to allow it to continue.
    All the Best to the Good Honest Real Estate Agents in this Country,
    Pat A.
    • < Thank You, Pat! >
      • I understand the position of many people on this board who feel personally wronged by Megan. We all work very hard for our money and its tough to swallow giving it away to a company who is preying upon eager agents. However, I also understand the position that one can find themselves in and would encourage others to think about judging a situation that we know nothing about. I can envision a scenario where someone may have been caught up believing the "corporate line" that they are given and then coming to the realization that it is a scam. Nobody is giving away jobs these days and lots of people have families to feed - i applaud someone who has the courage to stand up for what they feel is right even at the cost of a job.

Personally, I appreciate Megan's post and thank her for having the respect to make the effort. I believe that her post was an effort to make what apology she could without breaking any agreements she signed. Obviously she is bound by enforceable contracts and I wouldn't take that risk either. Otherwise, she didn't need to ever come back to this site and could have just moved on quietly.

I haven't kept up with a lot of the drama surrounding this company as I quickly moved on and let it go. I'm not defending, nor judging, anyone's actions. I'm just suggesting that the above post is an "apology" of sorts and I'm always the first to try accepting an apology. It may be me apologizing for a stupid mistake next time...
        • ...all this was over a month ago... we've all moved on.
      • Hi Megan:

First off, let me say, I hope and wish the best for you.

I know, sometimes...in good faith, we like to believe in the good intentions of others however, good intentions should never be justification for end results, my point is, the end doesn't justify the means.

I know, from the member comments and emails I received, that many on this network feel wronged by ABF and rightly so. With that being said, in a real effort to restore your good name and reputation, may I suggest that you first offer a whole hearted apology and be prepared to let it stand alone. Granted, some will blame you personally and truthfully, I am not one to stand in judgment however, knowing this will be the case, I know when an apology is offered, that in it's entirety is sincere and offers up honesty, sometimes people's good nature is tapped and forgiveness flows.

I don't know the nature of your departure however, as a part of that apology, you might want to offer up some sort of redemption by providing your knowledge and experience to the effort to restore some of those who you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that have been wronged.

Apology and Redemption, the first steps to making right a wrong, if that is your desire, this my opinion I offer to you.
This reply was deleted.