America Buys Foreclosures

Many of you have seen several of my blogs regarding America Buys Foreclosures; initially supporting this company followed by a seemingly mutual agreement by agents nationwide of disappointment.I was asked to remove my blogs (threatened with legal action by Megan Combs is more like it) and I did. I just don't like DRAMA and can't make time for it.But then a good friend (a truly good friend) sent me this message:The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis (by Dante Alighiere, Epic Poet)Now anyone that knows me... certainly knows I am not the morality police but I was raised with a good sense of right and wrong. I was also raised to be truthful, hardworking and honest. Always to give back more than you are given (my biggest fault is having no tolerance for less than this)Today, I was merely reminded that the ones with the money, make the rules. If you question or complain; more likely than not your account will be canceled and no refunds will be made (period).So suck it up.I don't like the rules of which this company plays:This company has taken money from agents on a National scale as early as Dec. 2008, promised a product month after month and almost a year later has yet to deliver. And in addition, this company requires agents to pay for training, pay monthly and remain in good standing with Settleware, e-signing, in which they are paid a referral fee (regardless of whether or not listings are sent)I don't condone these business practices nor how they treat the agents that have generously paid for services not rendered (*especially* knowing every penny is generated by working even longer hours than usual and marketing dollars don't go very far).It's a shame this company took the stance they chose with me as they did today.I lost...what... a little hope for a good opportunity? Big Deal.What they lost... was one of the best agents they will ever have worked with... and a needed ally/supporter.I think my long hours, energy, loyalty and dedication to my field of expertise... is better spent elsewhere.Should you have similar concerns... send an email to the Better Business Bureau, be done with it and move on.Best Wishes,LaDawn Menkemeller

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I got the email to however, I have a simple question. What "Rumor" are they referring to that I have promulgated? At this point, until they can provide me and my broker with specifics, well....let's just say, we're waiting on the specifics. Oh, by the way, each of you should read over this...and if the Business Law Group is reading this post....they might want to read this over as well....lol

http://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal
    • By submitting these letters to the Broker... isn't ABF implying a threat to job security of the agent?

I would love to be married to an Attorney (...I'm single... any Attorney looking for a semi-attractive, middle aged wife - call me!!... yeah...I'm semi teasing about that!)

All this company needed to do... was refund the money:
      Settleware: Certification/Training + monthly charges
      ABF: Certification/Training

What's the problem with that? Their materials are NOT useful to obtain listings elsewhere. And we would not have paid for services from Settleware had it not been required.

If there are Attorney's following these threads... please contact me.
      • You know LaDawn....REOPro does have a "Singles" group, have you thought about joining it?

As for the "letter" we all got, at this point, until they can furnish a quote, a publication, some type of proof that what I ever said was untruthful, then.....they can send me all the letters they want. If "they" or whoever is reading this, just send me the proof. I vow here and now, if I ever said something that wasn't true or was incorrect then I would happily post to any of my publications a correction / retraction.

JUST SHOW ME THE PROOF! TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG! OTHERWISE STOP HARRASSING ME OR I WILL RETURN THE FAVOR!
        • ...singles group... no kidding? ...what's it called "NOMATCHPOSSIBLE.COM"??

I'm afraid dating a Realtor would make me hang myself!! I can't imagine double stress - yikers!

What's the web address?

:)-
          • No Address, it's one of our groups. Go to the "Groups" tab and look for the group called "Single Realtors" seriously......
      • Hi LaDawn,
        You are shameless aren't you! Using a threat to secure a date with any eligable attorney, YOU GO GIRL! Somebody should get something out of all of this PROMULGATING! You are way more than semi attractive and any attorney worth his salt will be calling.

I refuse to worry about this until this bunch of yahoos comes clean. If they are legit then why would they have a problem with anyone asking questions(that's what I did). They never answered, but I am putting ABF on notice that they still can. Nothing would clear their name faster than answers.

I really hope they can make this happen as lots of people believed that they would.

Vicki
        • ..hey.. I do what I gotta do...was so much easier when I was young and perky... now seems all I have left is questionable charm!! Isn't it endearing...!?!

Catch ya later!!

LaDawn
  • LOL, I jjust got the same letter forwarded to me by one of my brokers and I've never done business with them!
This reply was deleted.