America Buys Foreclosures

Many of you have seen several of my blogs regarding America Buys Foreclosures; initially supporting this company followed by a seemingly mutual agreement by agents nationwide of disappointment.I was asked to remove my blogs (threatened with legal action by Megan Combs is more like it) and I did. I just don't like DRAMA and can't make time for it.But then a good friend (a truly good friend) sent me this message:The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis (by Dante Alighiere, Epic Poet)Now anyone that knows me... certainly knows I am not the morality police but I was raised with a good sense of right and wrong. I was also raised to be truthful, hardworking and honest. Always to give back more than you are given (my biggest fault is having no tolerance for less than this)Today, I was merely reminded that the ones with the money, make the rules. If you question or complain; more likely than not your account will be canceled and no refunds will be made (period).So suck it up.I don't like the rules of which this company plays:This company has taken money from agents on a National scale as early as Dec. 2008, promised a product month after month and almost a year later has yet to deliver. And in addition, this company requires agents to pay for training, pay monthly and remain in good standing with Settleware, e-signing, in which they are paid a referral fee (regardless of whether or not listings are sent)I don't condone these business practices nor how they treat the agents that have generously paid for services not rendered (*especially* knowing every penny is generated by working even longer hours than usual and marketing dollars don't go very far).It's a shame this company took the stance they chose with me as they did today.I lost...what... a little hope for a good opportunity? Big Deal.What they lost... was one of the best agents they will ever have worked with... and a needed ally/supporter.I think my long hours, energy, loyalty and dedication to my field of expertise... is better spent elsewhere.Should you have similar concerns... send an email to the Better Business Bureau, be done with it and move on.Best Wishes,LaDawn Menkemeller

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It did not cost a dime...I sent it via email just to see if I would get a reply. I am one of the lucky ones and did not pay except to Settleware which I found to be a great product if needed. I once stop by ABF office and found it to be very professional looking. The thing that gets me is I went through the training for Wells Fargo and other companies and never received a assignment so what is the difference with them all a ABF?
        • That's good.

Well...the differences between the two... one has a product (Wells Fargo/Foreclosures) and the other (ABF) promises they will roll out a product (foreclosures) and did not (for well over the year they strung me and MANY, MANY other agents along).

Also....Did you pay Wells Fargo big bucks for "training" ? And did Wells Fargo require you to pay another company (e-signing) big bucks for training while receiving a kick back/referral fee from that company? And did Wells Fargo require you to remain in good standing (meaning pay month after month) with e-signing?

That's my take on it.
  • A lot of people have spent so much money on WWW hype and get rich services.. it makes me sick
  • Sounds like a lot of Realtors got scammed. I believe (if you paid by credit card) you can call the credit card company and file a complaint that the company did not deliver as promised. You might get your money back, depending on the credit card company policy.

Realtors really need to file a complaint with their creidt card company, so that those companies will have items on their record that they are really abusing the Realtor's credit card by promising and not delivering. Everything has to be in details so that the credit card company can investigate any similar issues. .... We really need to fight back. There is just too much scamming from companies having no product as promised.
    • Sally, I forget the company but I have paid for training for Wells Fargo and ever received a single BPO! I believe that ABF is not a scam they got caught up in the moratoriums! I went by their office in Irvine and was very impressed. I feel they will be on line the first of the year!
  • Did anyone else receive the letter sent out by ABF on Dec 4th? Subject: Congratulations to Our N.A.R. Drawing Winner! Looks like they may be getting closer in sending out assignments. I hope so because from what I have seen they'll spreading the listing to more agents and what a great program... Anyone else heard anything?
    • They've been saying that since December of 2008! (about being closer to sending out assignments)
  • Are there any legitimate referral companies? I sold new homes for 15 years, bought/sold/leased my own investment properties then got my license 3 years ago. I recently had twins (4.5 months old) and now am trying to get back to work with little backlog. I am willing to take any education that is applicable and can learn whatever is necessary but there are tons of courses available and no guarantees. I'm glad I looked up ABF I guess they prey on the starving and I should know better! Oh well any legitimate suggestions would be great!
    • You have a FULL plate lil' Ms - bless your heart! (and congrats on the twins - I bet they're adorable!)

I'm not finding that there's any company you can simply sign up and they'll automatically send listings. If there is, you'll certainly find out on this site.

If you'll start a new blog on this site, there are soooo many incredibly helpful agents that will provide *excellent* advice and guidance.

To my understanding, the best way to end up with reo listings is through BPO work; finish the bpo's quickly, accurately and focus on building good rapport with the company sending you the work.

The bpo's... certainly time intensive *but* you are being paid for the opportunity vs. paying for the opportunity (if that makes any sense at all).

You might want to start with these sites and go from there:
      old republic
      main street val
      mark to market
      res.net
      pcv murcor

(Some bpo companies are strictly bpo... while some are bpo + reo listings)

there are sooo many more...but like you I'm just starting out in REO; these are just the co's that keep me really, really busy (ALL have an *incredibly* helpful staff of people to answer questions and have good online reputations).

Also if you'll do searches on this site or google for bpo information... you will find an great deal of helpful information as well.

Hope this was helpful even a little!

Best wishes,
      LaDawn
  • Hey Kids,

First time new kid on the block here, nice site.

I bet you could guess how I found this site....Here`s a few Hints.

Some email wanted me to pay $150. training fee, $120 for Settleware? and $30 buck per month for said Settleware.

Now considering I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, before I handed over Mr. VISA, I decided to check with Mr.Google. It was that Settleware, I had a flashback to buying $300 in tupperware that was never used.

Personally, this is the nicest thing a site has ever done for me (almost I have made good bank on Trulia) You Guys & Gals are good people.

Now as far as Megan Combs goes (Google Search...ouch!!!) I guess we could all learn something from that experience. I would ask you Megan since you are no longer representing these........

That you may have forgotten about this, and may want to take it down
    http://www.trulia.com/blog/megan_combs/

Otherwise, Good luck to ya, I would...Well I don`t know what I would do, however I know I wont do it now, learning from your experience.

Later Kids
This reply was deleted.