Replies

• Abby -  Did you ever get any REO listings from Absolute REO?
      • I think at this point with so many different post, this should not be a question. Makes it seem to desperately filled with hope. I think if ever a listing did come out that someone here would be the first to post about it, that would be a given don't you think? I just hate seeing fueled false hope about possible listings. Most of us should just go out and work harder to drum up business as apposed to waiting or paying new companies for the hope of getting new business. Just my 1 cent.
    • I signed up about a month ago with this company. Was under the impression that they wanted to send me a listing after I finish the bpo. Paid the $395, did the bpo , received the $50 for performing the bpo but no listing.
      I don't think that this company is sending any agent listing.
      I emailed the company 2 days ago to cancel my subscription and refund monies paid. No reply yet.

I know that there is a lot of negative posts on this company and nothing positive. Someone made a comment last week, and I agree, that the moderator and owner of this group should step in and make some comments on this issue. If they are in fact a scam they should be barred from the group.
      • you may consider calling your credit card company and canceling that way, just a thought?
      • Just out of curiosity, did you look up to see if the BPO you did had been foreclose on? The one I did has not yet become an REO so I know it's not theirs to give to me....hopefully ...yet...
        • Not all BPO's are used for REO's. A initial BPO is normally a drive-by to check for occupancy and to visibly check for exterior condition. Other BPO's follow to ascertain values. The listing agent does an interior BPO and other agents could be assigned to interiors also, BPO's are issued to keep the seller/owner advised of property condition. BPO's are used by lenders to know current values to eliminate the MI insurance for example. BPO's are used to determine values for 'short sales' and to assist the owner of determining a value. The point here is that BPO's are not always meaning a foreclosure. Thanks, Don a REO broker
      • The owner has barred them from the group.
  • I just got this call also and I am in San Diego. Let me know if you found out anything.
    • Hi Stacey,

I'm in San Diego County also.  I just got a call from them today too.  It was a long time ago since I believe that I found them, but never signed up and when he called I couldn't remember from before but I had already researched this forum probably over a year ago and saw the negative remarks.  Thanks to the forum.  He told me today that they had no agents in San Diego N. County and now they were just signed up w/ Wells Fargo (yeah right!)  I have it on the good word of two people in the industry that the top 5 institutions w/ loans in CA are not releasing ANY REO's in CA or NV (that includes Wells).  A few days later this same thing was confirmed by to me by another asset mgr that works for one of the top 5 when I questioned him on it.  Have you heard that?  And, did you ever sign up with Absolute?  Hopefully not... 

Jeff

• Great thread.  I received a call today also stating they had a BPO for me to complete today in Georgia. The representative tried to get me to concur telephonically on the fee! I said no ;email me so I can go over the information. That is why I am responding on this blog because I knew I had seen this name on this forum before.  Just wanted to confirm my suspicions. I will not be joining Absolute REO Solutions.  
This reply was deleted.