As a vendor - My REO experience

Also, per the request to give experiences with REO's - My experience is that I love this work and for the most part I work with awful smelly trash. In fact, I am going to order a license plate for my car that reads gt trash (got trash)However, outside of the sad times when evictions are unavoidable and the families that are told to leave and seeing their tears... everything else seem great. I have to say 95% of all of the brokers/agents that I have worked for/with have been great! I am told that there are a lot of attitudes out there and "those" people who you dont want to work with, but I have not seen them (well okay I did say 95% so I have had a few).Perhaps keeping a good attitude is the trick. Realizing that this is the market we have and if we fight it, we will lose...but if we accept it and roll with the ocassional bumps and long weekends of work, I really feel that we will rise to the top and be noticed by all. No one likes to work for people who complain, in fact those who complain the most are the one I have found that will not fight or protect you when you need them the most. I love working hard to be there for my clients and making sure they are taken cared of because I know what we all go through when somone does not live up to their side of the agreement.Banks have been great, except for the case that it would be nice to be paid sooner the 45 days. In fact, I am finding that the bank reps become more of a partner if you do what your asked and agree to....I guess in conclusion, my experience has been to answer my phone, return phone calls, update a lot, fullfill my agreements, go a bit further than expected and smile while your working...if I do all those things than I have no other reason than believe that my phone will keep ringing with jobs!

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do you know of any asset managers in the Dallas area I could contact? I would appreciate it.
  • Im laughing as I write this, but...I guess my experience as a vendor isnt worth the read...(i guess i could put a smiley face icon here, so that you know im laughing, but I am not that confident in my manhood yet to actually put one)

Anyway, my experience with brokers/agents/asset manager has been really great... In fact getting better, becasue a lot of brokers that I work with are now gaining the power or been given the decision ability to pay invoices...which as a vendor it makes life and all the hoops that I jump through...that much easier!

Well, I guess I'll stop tying since I have been talking to myself...
This reply was deleted.