Special prices applicable till April 30, 2010. CAR members please use promotion code “APCAR005” and non-CAR members please use “APUSA005” on the order form.
HAFA is the first Short Sale program to set nationwide Short Sale standards and financial incentives and it went ‘live’ in the non-GSE market on April 5, 2010. Don’t miss the opportunity to become a Certified HAFA specialist today!
With almost 8 million US families currently behind on their mortgage and continuing high unemployment rates, HAFA will be critically important in helping millions of distressed borrowers achieve a respectful and supported pre-foreclosure home and life transition. HAFA represents an unprecedented opportunity for real estate professionals to make a positive impact and drive transaction and revenue growth.
This 2 to 3 hour program provides a high level overview of the current US distressed housing market and an in depth review of Treasury’s Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) program per Treasury Supplemental Directive 09-09. HAFA was revised by Treasury on March 26, 2010 and the program is fully updated to reflect those changes.
The training can be completed on the web anytime and from any location, and is brought to you in partnership with the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R) in California.
Training and Certification Content (2-3 hours)
The training session is organized into the following modules
- Section I – Foreclosure Alternatives Market Background
- Section II – HAFA Overview
- Section III – Implications of HAFA
- Section IV – HAFA Roles and Responsibilities
- Section V – HAFA Process and Documents
- Section VI – HAFA Opportunities and Challenges
HAFA Certification Quiz
Each of the above modules ends with a short multiple choice test. Upon the successful completion of all 6 modules and tests registered clients will:
- Become a ‘Certified HAFA Specialist’, enhancing your HAFA credibility in the marketplace
- Have the opportunity to participate in AssetPlanUSA’s Certified HAFA Real Estate Professional Network for Servicer and AssetPlanUSA HAFA referrals
- Receive HAFA program and Servicer updates for 1 year
- Be able to print and keep a desk reference ‘HAFA Summary’, as well as 4 key HAFA example contracts
- HAFA Short Sale Agreement (SSA)
- HAFA Deed-In-Lieu Agreement (DIL)
- HAFA Request for Approval of Short Sale (RASS)
- HAFA Alternate Request for Approval of Short Sale (ARASS)