RES.NET - Is it worth it?

Hello - Glad to be a part of the group and thanks for having me. I received a call from res.net yesterday "just letting me know" that they signed on a lot of new clients and because I was a past member they were offering me a discount of just $490/yr. I said that the last time I signed back up with the promise of new accounts I paid $700 and got nothing. I then asked if I could get a list of the "new companies" so I could review it and make my decision if I wanted to throw out another $500 for a hope and dream. The lady from res.net said she could not email me a list but she give me the following companies as "new to res.net" - Ditech (??), Carrington, NRes (??), Zoom, Green River and NationStar. Can anyone shed any light on if they think the res.net sign up is worth it and what other companies are actually using it? I have been in REO for 8 years, have had a few clients here and there that used it but I had decided to let a few of those companies go over the past few years and have not had a need for res.net. I appreciate the input. Thanks!

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This really makes me mad!!! As far as I'm concerned Res.Net is convenient however certainly not worth the $700 I had to pay last fall !!!! I waited until mine had expired after begging them for a discount. They wouldn't give me one and then held the properties   hostage. I couldn't get in to do anything. It's like they black mail you to pay or loose out??? I talked to my asset mgrs and yes they have to agree to use only the agents that pay for the highest membership. Most likely they get a huge discount to use Res.Net to use the agents. I have been with Res. Net probably at least 15 yrs! 

• Hi Melissa, Welcome,

Originally ResNet charged quite a bit less. I was a member years ago for about 3 years when the fee was much lower. I  never received a single listing as a result of joining ResNet.. In the past few years they really doubled their price for agents.  I joined with them years ago when some of my established clients changed over to them. I had to sign up to keep my already assigned listings. I only joined to work with my previously established REO lenders. I NEVER received even one new client from RESNET. When my clients moved on to EQ or other platforms I left ResNet.

Last year I had 2 listings reassigned to a ResNet lender, Dakota, a week before I had 2 listings scheduled to close. To get my commissions on those 2 sales Dakota insisted I had to Join ResNet since that was their platform. I was offered the "discounted" fee of 499.00 and promised wonderful things. I closed the two sales a week after joining ResNet again and have not seen another single listing since then. I was offered 2 BPOs for 45.00 each from a client I already have on another platform. Nothing new. It was a very big waste of 500.00. I don't know how they keep getting Realtors to sign up but they do. In my case I had no choice I had 2 earned commissions held up.

Most of the clients on ResNet also use LPS for invoicing. You have to sign up with LPS , pay a fee of  45.00 to 75.00 , pay 35-45 for a background check then LPS charges the Realtor 5.00 per invoice so you loose money on every invoice/ expense the property requires which is just wrong in my opinion.

Needless to say I will not be renewing that membership again this year. Most if not all of the Asset companies or lenders using these platforms have their established agents they use regularly and have for years. It is my experience that they very seldom use an agent that they have not worked with before for their REOs. Other agents may have different information or experiences but with 20 years in the REO field this has been mine with ResNet. and others.

A side note is Nationstar sends all of their listings in my area to auction and pays the listing agent 650.00 tops on anything under 60 K which is all they have here where I am at. Carrington is difficult to get reimbursements from in my experience and in all my time working with them I have received 5 listings total in 8 years with high referral fees. 

I have to stress someone here will most likely have a different opinion or experience to share but I have given you mine.

• I have been with res.net for a number of years now. While I am in a rural area (Northern California coast), I have had numerous assignments where asset management companies use res.net. I have found the site to be an excellent medium for communication with AM's. I also attended the res.net conference in Dallas and got a couple of certifications. Whether this has helped me get assignments, I can't say. But getting just one assignment per year pays for the membership. I average 3-4 per year so I keep coming back.

• I am in a fairly heavily populated area so I feel like it would be a luck of the draw on my side. Were you signed up with the companies that you received listings from prior or did they find you via res.net?
  • I have been on Res Net, the paid subscription since shortly after it was launched many years back now. I used to encourage folks to stay on the FREE side until you get an REO offer then move to the AMP - I have 4 properties  there today so it works for me. I suggest you get in with USRES on the free BPO side as this is how I began getting REO from them!  Good luck.

• Thanks! I have the bpo feature turned off just because I didn't have the time to do random BPOs. Perhaps I will turn it back on and see what happens.
  • Thanks everyone for your input. Very on the fence about it so your opinions are great to have.
    • I have been a member for a few years and got quite a few REO listings that required Res.net.  Just finished up my last two last month.  I would rather work with companies that use Res.net as it is easy to navigate compared to companies who use their own reporting platform like REO-Central & SingleSource.  

• I have been using equator for so long I feel like the changes in res.net that I can see via the free account make it a bit more complicated then it was before. Did you get your listing by being found on res.net or had you applied to the companies outside of red.net?
        • Did Equator work for you? I've had 9 but. Never got one. Who was your experience
          Any information would be appreciated
This reply was deleted.