New to BPO's

Hi Everyone,

I am new to BPO's and just starting the process of filling out applications. I've had one company request for me to do an SPIF, which I had to ask what that was and found out it was just an exterior property inspection where you take several photos and fill out a quick form. When filling out the applications I am running across several different types of inspections. Is there anywhere I can find the different terminology so know what I am talking about without having to ask each company? I imagine different conpanies have different name for the same thing?  I've been in real estate for 15 years but feeling kind of stupid. 😬 Just want to make sure I am not accepting an assignment for something I am not qualified for! Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

Debbie

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Debbie, I have been doing BPO's for over 20 years. During the boom I had been doing 80-100 a month. I have NEVER heard the term SPIF so do not feel bad.
  • Like everything it requires some skills. Awhile back agents would post something there are confused here begging for help. Terms are all different. Requirements are different for each lender. Need to learn and understand customers requirements. I did not get any orders from MCS360(since 1982) I now found out they went out of business. Proteck Valuation Service got sold. To be honest there are just a few companies left but there is still work. Right now it is FEMA inspection. 1000s of them coming at you. 1 under-utilized agent told me she gross 1K a day.
  • Thanks Byron!
  • Just show you have some authority in your work! Don't let them scare you about their demands in rushing your work. You are a professional if they want "Quickies" don't work with them at all!
  • Sadly Debbie, no real "authority" exist. Unfortunately, you just got to jump in and ask the question, "What's expected of me?" Any true professional will NEVER take such a question and make you feel any less for asking it. We all know, each company is different, each company has different jargon and it can absolutely be confusing. So, again, never be afraid to ask because, truth is, you never really know till someone spell out specifics.
    • Thank you Jesus! Have made a lot of phone calls today! :)
This reply was deleted.