Last night I got the strangest call from a party that represented herself a an Asset Manager for FANNIE MAE. She said she got my name from an application and she was recruiting an broker to help them sell some of their properties. She went through how she paid commission etc. the kicker was that FANNIE MAE required the Asset Manager and the broker to front $500.00 for property preservation which would be refundable in 150 days. Now I do REO sales for others and have never had to front money for preservation before so I took a pause. My question to the group is" Has any body had the same experience? Is this a FANNIE MAE practice? Is this just another way unscrupeoulos individuals have developed in order to scam us out of our hard earned money?  

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It is a scam.  Fannie Mae has an extensive application you are required to fill out, for free, in order to even be considered to become a FM listing broker.  They are very selective and usually have few openings this late in the game.

No AMC that is on the up and up asks you to pay to 'sign up' with their network.  Many do charge fees that are paid out at the close of escrow.

• Total Scam. I have never heard of anyone requesting money from an Asset Manger. That right there tells me it's a scam.

• IT IS A SCAM!

• It sounded that way to me. Could not vet AM anywhere.

This reply was deleted.