Started by BAYO OSHINNAIYE :

Who knows "Team Lear" as asset management company: I received a call today from an Asset Management Company "Teamlear" from Colorado. The spokes person, Ms. Jordan claim she is the asset Manager, that she wants me to do BPO for her company and that all the BPO's l do will result in REO which l will be listing for them. She furher said that she will be requesting me to deposit $400 for the home maintanace, a one time fee. Then l will pay $54.00 for the software to use for their program. I do not belief her, but has anyone heard about this company or did any business with them? I know am not paying any money to them.

Are they fraud or real? They have a website: www.teamlear.com

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• **URGENT** I just got off the phone with "Brandon" formerly a phone solicitor with Team Lear Asset Management, as of today. Brandon tells me that he left Team Lear Asset today after learning that Team Lear Asset Management is a scam and that their promise to provide listings is absolutely not true. He claims to have been working their for about a month, believing that he was going to be making agent money by providing them with genuine listings however, after a recent complaint from a lady he sold the program to, he started getting suspicious. After a discussion with management today, he realized a few things....

#1: Team Lear Asset Management is also known or has been known as FootPrints, ABS, Banker REO, iREO and REOPRO Corp.

#2: All of the above mentioned companies are owned and or operated by the same person, Anthony Birg who also goes by several different names, Mr. Nershberg is one of them.

#3: The company is a boiler room telemarketing company who are virtual. They are headquartered out of Glennview Illinois but, use a office out of Denver and Delaware....all virtual.

#4: They do not have inventory to assign...none. In fact, they pick a lot of the properties they tell people about off a website www.NewYorkForeclosures.com

Brandon tells me that they charge the $499.00 fee or some variation of it and the phone solicitor makes $79.00 off each sale and many of the call center solicitors are making 10+ sales a day.

I told him to contact an attorney and ask about whistle blower laws but, I am not curious if any of our members know of an attorney who may want to work with us to bring up a class action lawsuit .... especially now that we have a "whistle blower".

Foreclosures New York
    Foreclosures Update is a weekly publication of real estate foreclosure sales throughout New York City, Long Island and Westchester.
    • Jesse, were you able to get any traction for a class action suit against this company.  They got me in a weak moment and though I disputed it with my CC company who refunded the money, they say they have done no wrong and have charged my card again!

Please let me know if you have gotten any interest in this. 

• I was called again today by Team Lear. Didn't return the call. I was ripped off by ireopro. I can't get my money back. If anyone needs any help with getting a class action lawsuit started let me know what I can do to help. They need to be stopped. 

• I would like to see

• I am in Florida and was called by Chris, the same as Tara posted about, in this case he was an AM not an attorney.  I am going to file a complaint with Colorado Fraud, Just watch, now that people are on to them, they will disappear and reorganize as some other company.

Chris Owens

Asset Manager

Team Lear

720-515-7037 ext. 215

www.teamlear.com

cowens@teamlear.com

Reply by Tara Nagelhout on April 30, 2015 at 2:13pm

I deleted my big long post b/c there were a couple names in there which may or may not be associated with these guys.  Last Friday one of their people called me and asked me what they could do to get my terrible reviews down.  I played along.  They offered to give me a free account if i would change my reviews to more of a neutral status.  I agreed, but I was having mimosas and mostly just wanted him to get off the phone. He did drop a friendly little hint of suing me.

Well, he called back later when I had yet to take down my reviews.  I was busy, so i let it go to voicemail.

Chris just called me.  720-515-7037 was his number.  He works for their legal team and is a liaison with the courts.  What does that even mean.?  He wanted to talk to me about the defamation of character suit they were filing against me.  I guess that was supposed to scare me.  Yet, it did not

• One of the previous incarnations of this scam got several years back. I was ashamed that I was conned, and just let it go.

However, I was contacted about a week ago by phone and simply refused their "offer". In another call this AM. I decided to play along a little, Their proposal appears very cleverly crafted to avoid being prosecuted for intentional fraud. Also, it will take a year from signing up to have a 100% valid complaint which they can FIX with a drag-their-feet refunds. They may not even be in business at that time anyway. the email I got after my telcom is pasted below. The property "assigned" to me is a short sale estate property that sold and closed about 22 days ago, so it definitely is not a good prospect for assignment.

It was great speaking with you about the distressed properties I have available in your area. Per our previous conversation, here is a little information we discussed about receiving property listings and working with me as your asset manager. 

I work directly with major and minor banks, credit unions, lending institutions and private investors over all 50 states. The lender on this property is looking for 3 things: a BPO to best determine the market value on the property, the current occupancy status which will help determine how soon the property can be listed, and an agent to list and market the property.

If you complete these BPO's within the time requested by the lender and it is priced accurately, you can be assured to receive these as listings when the lender takes back ownership of them. We have a team that reviews the BPO once you submit it online to make sure they are completed accurately, so be assured that we work with you and we aggressively market you as the exclusive agent.

As of now, Team Lear has a property that is in distress that requires preliminary work to be done. A BPO is required to satisfy the lender with the necessary information needed from you to determine the Market Value of the subject property. A solid BPO should be provided within 48-72 hours for assurance of the listing once ownership has shifted hands from the homeowner to the lender. Properties that are provided to you are expected to be your exclusive properties to list, market, and sell for the lenders in your area. Our lenders pay out a 7% commission in total on these properties, 6% of which would go to you, and 1% that would be paid to us.

Available properties:

7812 Republic Dr Ne,
    Albuquerque, NM 87109
    Team Lear's proprietary default property management software has been built to improve performance and efficiency while streamlining the foreclosure process. The lenders access the software to view Agents/Brokers submitted BPO assignments and see who services different areas to provide you with property listings.  Our platform will also be used to send you subsequent assignments. The preferred online portal to use for all our lending institutions is a proprietary system at www.teamlear.com. The software is only accessible via Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have any questions or concerns, please be sure to contact me via email or phone.
    cleardot.gif
    There is a one time activation deposit that you would be responsible for of $449.00 which would be reimbursed to you upon your closing of the property. It is not a reoccurring charge, and there are no monthly or yearly subscription fees for the platform.  We guarantee that you will receive at least 1-3 listings with us in the first 12 months, and if for any reason that doesn't happen, you are eligible for a full refund of the $449.

Consequently, I'd also like to take the opportunity to illustrate what you can expect from me as your Asset Manager:
    • A direct point of contact Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm MDT
    • Handle all tasks associated with managing the properties including: cash-for- keys, evictions, trash-outs, re-keys, inspections, repairs, general maintenance work, utility coverage, and emergency maintenance.
    • Full access to our online portal at www.teamlear.com
    • Access to our Customer Support Team, if I am not currently available
    • Tools used to market you (as the agent/broker) back to our lender(s)
    I look forward to partnering with you! 

You can find us at the BBB at the following web address: http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/computers-hardware-softw...

• LOL 

QRTG 

• Just received a call from Richard Dickens.  He had no idea of how the REO business worked.  He send the following email.  He was total waste of time.  Mr. Dickens had no clue of the REO business.

Good morning

My name is Richard Dickens and I am an asset manager with Team Lear.  I work with the local banks and courts to find distressed properties to assign to experienced agents.  I also receive referrals from banks and online resources to match up these properties with listing agents who I feel will be able to service these properties best.  The lender on these properties are looking for 3 things: a bpo to best determine the market value on the property, the current occupancy status which will help determine how soon the property can be listed, and an agent to list and market these pre-foreclosed properties.  
    Now if you complete these bpo's within the time requested by the lender and it is priced right, you can be assured to receive these as listings. We have a team that reviews them once you submit online to make sure they are completed accurately, so be assured that we work with you and we aggressively market you as the exclusive agent.   My company works with you and the banks to get these properties ready for listing which means we take on the expenses for property management.  
    I have properties in your are that are in need of immediate attention so please give me a call so that I can explain the fees that are involved and get your account set up so that you will be the exclusive agent assigned to these properties and that the lenders can get your bpo quickly so that we can move forward with the process and get these on the market.
    Richard Dickens
    Asset Manager
    720-515-7037 ext.232
  • I have a sneaky suspicion that TeamLear are the same people that used to have the name REOpro. SCAMMERS! REOpro also used to have another name. They change it every time word really starts getting around that they are scammers. 

• Just got a call this morning from Chris Owens. I am a seasoned REO agent and he asked all the right questions that a bank looking for a local REO agent would ask. However, there were several red flags such as high commission and $400 up front for preservation costs. It's not even REO yet! I checked the deed records and the FC notices and it is indeed scheduled for July courthouse sale. It made me wonder if it is a former REO agent or former asset manager who can easily get the information to fool an inexperienced agent. He also said that the 1% they received is not a commission split nor a referral fee. Is that how they keep the Real Estate Commissions from going after them? I don't even know if they are licensed. He said they cover all fees once REO such as cash-for- keys, evictions, trash-outs, re-keys, inspections, repairs, general maintenance work, utility coverage, and emergency maintenance. So why would they need preservation fee up front? Ridiculous!  I asked what company they use and he said Safeguard. I called Safeguard and they know nothing about them. I asked where he got my name and her said "On REO Network". However the email he sent me said that the lender asked him to work directly with me. Definitely a scam. New agents, stay away!!! Below is the email I received from him. I replied asking him for the name of either an agent that has worked with them or the vendor number for Safeguard. I don't expect a response. I also called Windy Keefe with REO Network and she has gotten lots of complaints and is looking into it. See email:

It was great speaking with you about the distressed properties I have available in your area. Per our previous conversation, here is a little information we discussed about receiving property listings and working with me as your asset manager. 

My lenders requested working directly with you as an Broker/Agent to help assist them with listing their REO properties. I work directly with major and minor banks, credit unions, lending institutions and private investors over all 50 states. The lender on this property is looking for 3 things: a BPO to best determine the market value on the property, the current occupancy status which will help determine how soon the property can be listed, and an agent to list and market the property. 

If you complete these BPO's within the time requested by the lender and it is priced accurately, you can be assured to receive these as listings when the lender takes back ownership of them. We have a team that reviews the BPO once you submit it online to make sure they are completed accurately, so be assured that we work with you and we aggressively market you as the exclusive agent. 

As of now, Team Lear has a property that is in distress that requires preliminary work to be done. A BPO is required to satisfy the lender with the necessary information needed from you to determine the Market Value of the subject property. A solid BPO should be provided within 48-72 hours for assurance of the listing once ownership has shifted hands from the homeowner to the lender. Properties that are provided to you are expected to be your exclusive properties to list, market, and sell for the lenders in your area. Our lenders pay out a 7% commission in total on these properties, 6% of which would go to you, and 1% that would be paid to us.  We don't take any referral fees or commission splits. 

Team Lear's proprietary default property management software has been built to improve performance and efficiency while streamlining the foreclosure process. The lenders access the software to view Agents/Brokers submitted BPO assignments and see who services different areas to provide you with property listings, cash for key, and re-key assignments.  Our platform will also be used to send you subsequent assignments. The preferred online portal to use for all our lending institutions is a proprietary system at www.teamlear.com. The software is only accessible via Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have any questions or concerns, please be sure to contact me via email or phone.

There is a one time activation deposit that you would be responsible for of $449.00 which is put towards the property preservation and management on your first listing that helps assist us with the initial costs which you would be reimbursed to you upon listing of the property. We put up the remaining costs on that first listing and all others that you would receive from us. It is not a reoccurring charge.  We guarantee that you will receive at least 1-3 listings with us in the first 12 months, and if for any reason that doesn't happen, you are eligible for a full refund of the $449. 

Consequently, I'd also like to take the opportunity to illustrate what you can expect from me as your Asset Manager: 

• A direct point of contact Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm MDT
    • Handle all tasks associated with managing the properties including: cash-for- keys, evictions, trash-outs, re-keys, inspections, repairs, general maintenance work, utility coverage, and emergency maintenance.
    • Full access to our online portal at www.teamlear.com
    • Access to our Customer Support Team, if I am not currently available
    • Tools used to market you (as the agent/broker) back to our lender(s)

I look forward to partnering with you! 

You can find us at the BBB at the following web address: http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/computers-hardware-softw...

Chris Owens

Asset Manager

Team Lear

720-515-7037 ext. 215

www.teamlear.com

cowens@teamlear.com 

This reply was deleted.